Thanks Skeeter Boat Center!!

• arklite881south

Sometimes in the Hustle and Bustle of this busy world we live in we fail to stop, and give thanks where thanks clearly are due. With the risk of sounding vane I literally can’t stop looking, and/or photographing the newest member of Rainydaze guide service!! The usage of my WX2100 has clearly elevated my game on the water in ways I couldn’t have imagined. The peace of mind having caring individuals at the SBC who seemingly care as much with my personal happiness as gaining a lifetime customer is pretty remarkable in todays society. Hats off to Dave and the boys!! Your pursuit of excellence paves a clear road to dominance in the premiere glass boat market with Skeeter!! The precise attention to the endless details in my guide boat are very evident. Your rigging skills are clearly under-rated. As anglers we know Walleye boats certainly aren’t cheap these days, and for the boys looking for best of the best the confidence in a dealership is simply invaluable!! Thanks!!

Update….TO DATE Every customer that has slid into the Daze Fish Casket has commented on how remarkable the boat was. I have a feeling the Skeeter “Wannabee” list is going to put significant pressure on the Skeeter boat supply!!

Surely my good pal Andy will realize that WX1950 is more than a selfish want….It’s a need based decision for serious walleye guys!!

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

Cannot wait to make it up there to test ride that treat I am trying hard to wait to winter so I do not rush and get exactly what I want, but it is going to be tough to walk away if they have one of those test ride at Evert’s , or say Rainy Lake????? Sounds like a party I will comment I have talked to Greg one time so far and their was absolutely no pressure .

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats on the new rig/casket Daze!

She sure is Purdy!

arklite881south

Thanks Lip Ripper!! We love it.

Hey Andy!! Greg and Dave are less interested in a short term sale as they are in a long term customer. Good business philosophy!! Heck I talked with Dave for 2 years prior to my purchase. I’m about as frugal, and conservative as they come when it comes to big purchases. Just made economical sense longterm for me. Beyond that Fishing is pretty much…..MY LIFE, and I wanted to do it is style. Thus far….GREAT DECISION!! My plan is to trade in every 3 years to try remain current. I understand that as a fishing guide it is a bit of a different situation, but if I made the $$ electricians made I’d probably own 2!! You KNOW either the 1850 or 1950 has your name on it. Just as long as it goes under 55mph, so I can beat you to the spot!! Of course the great OZ had to clamp on the 300 “Widow Maker” on his new WX2100 You would think he’d be required to armor himself with some sort of heat shield to be running that motor.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Of course the great OZ had to clamp on the 300 “Widow Maker” on his new WX2100 You would think he’d be required to armor himself with some sort of heat shield to be running that motor.

Seeing the pics of your rig make me… sputter… shake…. twitch…. with anticipation of the day that boat arrives. Given how late the new yamahas arrived waiting for a 2011 made sense but the wait is killing me.

This is just a guess but I think I’ll be able to hit 62 MPH with that 300 after some tweaking.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I really hope I can make this dream a reality this spring! 62mph!!! I think there might be a 300 SHO on mine too! No more leaving first flight just to get passed by the fifth. Your going to have to post the tweaking that works. A question I have is, what is your guys opnion on kicker vs transom electric? I own a tiller now and love my transom electric for shallow water. But wonder about it dying on a 21′ boat trying to troll all day and not having enough power. Id like to have both, but dont know if I want all that on the back of the boat. I made the mistake of a fortrex on my current boat and will have a terrova on the new one so I guess I could use it from the back the boat. Also do you guys run the glassed in transducers? Im going to run HB this go round, How do they compare with the transom tranducers?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Cannot wait to make it up there to test ride that treat I am trying hard to wait to winter so I do not rush and get exactly what I want, but it is going to be tough to walk away if they have one of those test ride at Evert’s , or say Rainy Lake????? Sounds like a party I will comment I have talked to Greg one time so far and their was absolutely no pressure .

I wondered who was sleeping in my boat? Your tent must have been a decoy on your recent camping trip! Did #1 son try to lock you in one of the storage compartments?

It awaits your test drive anytime guys!

I couldnt agree more Chris,you only buy a boat one day,but assurances of being taken care of, are many more.SBC will be there for ya!

arklite881south

Quote:

I really hope I can make this dream a reality this spring! 62mph!!! I think there might be a 300 SHO on mine too! No more leaving first flight just to get passed by the fifth. Your going to have to post the tweaking that works. A question I have is, what is your guys opnion on kicker vs transom electric? I own a tiller now and love my transom electric for shallow water. But wonder about it dying on a 21′ boat trying to troll all day and not having enough power. Id like to have both, but dont know if I want all that on the back of the boat. I made the mistake of a fortrex on my current boat and will have a terrova on the new one so I guess I could use it from the back the boat. Also do you guys run the glassed in transducers? Im going to run HB this go round, How do they compare with the transom tranducers?

I’m rigged with a Terrova 101 at bow, and a 9.9 yamaha 4stroke kicker at transom. When working shallow and casting I personally prefer to be in the bow. If I’m trolling I’d personally prefer the 9.9 on the 21ft boat. With that being said I still guide out of a good customers WX1950 with transom electric, and it works great for holding structure as long as it isn’t too rough. I had the same decision to make, and I elected to go the route of the kicker motor. As far as the Humminbird ducers. I have one glassed in as well as an external mount. I never wanted a chance of being WITHOUT functioning electronics, so I guess you could say it is sort of a insurance policy. I have 1197c at dash and a 788c at bow. My bow electronics also can be quickly disconnected and moved to the transom while backtrolling or running the kicker. I have a ram mount off the back port side rail. Nice way to utilize 2 graphs in 3 locations.

I am in LOVE with the Terrova 101, and wouldn’t put anything but the powerful TANKE 36 volt on any of my next guide boats. The unmatched power glides the big 21ft glass 3mph. Lately I’ve been running it 9-10 hours a day with ZERO POWER LOSS!!

A couple converstations with Greg or Dave at the Skeeter Boat Center will assure your dialed in. They do a good job of factfinding before recommending the right set up for you. We all fish a slightly different, and I don’t think there is one universal set up for all of us. They are extremely knowledgeable rigging anglers boats. They have such a large pool of hardcore anglers like us to gather information from on what works, and what doesn’t.

Lastly, I had them install a shelving system under my dash and co-pilots dash that is extremely handy for few things you want to keep at your fingertips. For me I keep my jig box, scissors, needlenose pliers, fish scale…. I also had them install sirius radio, and the mounting they did has worked out fantastic!! If your gonna do it…..DO IT!!

I’ll let the “OZ” comment on the speed of light on the new 300 SHO. In all honesty I’m not a speed guy, and 55 is blazing to me on big water in a 21ft fishing vessel. I suppose I’ll have to be careful now as Holst will already be parked on the hot spots probably about ready to leave when the “Fish Casket” rolls in!!

Beyond your questions I really enjoy my full windshield on the boat. Maybe it is because of our cold weather transports or driving rain?? I know James prefers the “Double Bubble” feature, but to each his own. I’m surprised He isn’t painting a “01” and getting a orange and black color combo on that ride!! Going to be fun at the Houseboat excursion looking at the Skeeter line up!! I’m sure the local crowd will be like “What the **** is going on!!” LOL!! I’m seeing a suprising amount of Skeeters on the water this year. Apparently the word is out. My good buddy Andy said the same thing on the river this year. Can’t beat em…..Join em!!

Finally the rail system installation allows anglers to pair up multiple add on Ram mounts for nearly every application a fisherman would want. Wouldn’t be without them!! Plus….LOOKS COOL!!

dslars

I have an off the wall question? How do you like your Skeeter Rain suit I see you wearing in all of your pictures? Does it keep you dry? Thanks already enjoying my new Skeeter! Dan

arklite881south

I like it a lot. Much lighter than many suits, but as of late is has rained so hard I’m soaking my sweatshirt by all the water running down my face onto my neck!! You’ll like them!! At one point our lake (220,000 acres) was down nearly 3ft!! We all were anxious for the rebound which we received, but didn’t need to come back in a week!!

dslars

Thanks for the info. The suits are priced very reasonable but I havent talked to anyone that has worn one.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I want full glass also. I fish the river almost year round. Most likely year round this year. Not long runs but when its 5deg even from everts to the dam is darn cold. I think I might have a hard time pulling the skeeter in the snow though. I have to find a cheep jon boat next year too.
    Thats about the exact electronics set up I want. Does the jumper unit use the transom ducer when on the rail? and univ. in the terrova while at bow? I think I’ll always be a tiller guy at heart so I think the kicker with a tiller handle will be my best bet. I just think it will spook fish when in shallow. Ive found this when trolling/Dragging with my f75 vs electric. I just talked with Dave from SBC last week. Now I just have to convince momma that the boat we currently own just insnt enough. I want to pick the colors of the boat and I think Dave said they order theirs in Feb.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

James. If you check out Jimmy Bell’s facebook page he has a new ranger with a 300 on back. Think he said he got 61 out of it. Maybe with some luck I can get him down to pool 2 with it and get some river scum on the sides.

arklite881south

Few things in life are more fun than designing the color schemes on your new fishing machine. Yes in regards to the electronics from Bow to transom. As far as shallow goes I personally run the boat from the bow with the 101 when running shallow water. The brute force of the 101 hasn’t let me down yet. I’m with you on the tiller for the kicker motor. I’m probably going to add a extender handle to efficiently operate the motor from a bike seat in back. You can ask Dave in regards to precisely how they rigged my boat for more specifics. I wouldn’t change a thing with how my boat is rigged so far. If you’d like some close in snap shots give me a shout. I can take some pics with how everything is set up to help you visualize. I also have utilized the ram mounts to hold the Terrova in place in transport, as well as rail ram mounts for the transom humminbird, and rod holders. Don’t go without the rail systems!! Very nice. I might add a cleat system at bow to anchor up as well as one more “Pop up” cleat at the widest portion of the boat for bumpers or tie ups. Just a suggestion as you are customizing. To each their own, but I ordered my boat with only 3 pedestal seats and a bike seat. I enjoy the dead space for customers extra gear or an area to unhook fish…..With the jump seats if you happen to have 4-5 people in the boat you can utilize them in transport. My decision was based on the fact that our fishing consumes 90% of our time on the water while transport is only 10%. I often have 2 people in the generous bow of the boat. One or two in the back corners of the flip down jump seats, and/or one in the cockpit.

Just more information to chew on. Absolute gem of a fishing boat, and I’m having a tough time coming up with improvement ideas!! Oh…..I’ll take molded in beverage holders in 3 years!! Have to come up with something don’t ya!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James. If you check out Jimmy Bell’s facebook page he has a new ranger with a 300 on back. Think he said he got 61 out of it. Maybe with some luck I can get him down to pool 2 with it and get some river scum on the sides.

I did read about his rig. Didn’t do anything to calm down my level of anticipation.

Jerrod

You shouldn’t have any problem hitting 62. I’ve got a 300 Verado on a WX2100 with a walk through, got 63.1 two weeks ago. Had about 30 gallons of fuel in the boat. That’s with a 21P Rev 4 prop.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Thanks for the kind words Chris!! We have the best customers on the planet!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.