V-max SHO

• huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Any one had the chance to try one of the new 4 stroke sho’s out? They look sweet.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Any one had the chance to try one of the new 4 stroke sho’s out? They look sweet.

My 300 HP SHO won’t be ready until some time in July. The wait is killing me.

The reports I’m hearing firsthand from the bass guys have been jaw dropping. I haven’t talked to anyone running one of the 25” models on a walleye hull, yet.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Let us know how it goes James. I am looking at the new fourstroke myself. I am a diehard two stroke guy, but this motor seems to perform and does not have the weight issue from seeing the videos.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ll share everything from the boat coming off the trailer to the first hot laps on the water on this rig.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

I’ll share everything from the boat coming off the trailer to the first hot laps on the water on this rig.

There better be some sweet pics too, James!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Count on it.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I want a WX2100 also. Im going to try to make it happen this spring! Im worried about it fitting in the garage though. I have like 23 and some change from door to back wall. Id hate to do it but the truck might be sitting on the driveway. Is Yamaha going to make matching tops for the kickers? I hate it when the motors dont match. Might have to have some one paint the lid on the kicker to match the SHO.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

My wife and I are looking nto a new Skeeter 2100,My current Skeeter has A 300 HPDI, I am drooling at the thought of a 300HP 4 stroke.

I should be able to answer all these questions this summer and get you a test drive if you want one. I’ll shout it from the mountain tops when that boat arrives.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I want a WX2100 also. Im going to try to make it happen this spring! Im worried about it fitting in the garage though. I have like 23 and some change from door to back wall. Id hate to do it but the truck might be sitting on the driveway. Is Yamaha going to make matching tops for the kickers? I hate it when the motors dont match. Might have to have some one paint the lid on the kicker to match the SHO.

The offshore version of the SHO will look quite similar to the “blue grey” motors we’re all so accustomed to seeing on the water. So the kickers will match. Right now only the SHO “bass motors” are getting the darker paint scheme.

Check out this video for more info on the offshore series.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/V6offshore_micro/

Once I have my 2100 I’ll take some measurements to see how much length is needed with the collapsable tongue on the trailer.

brentbullets

I don’t believe a WX2100 will fit in a 23 foot garage. I store mine in a 27 foot shed with the motor trimmed part of the way down, and I don’t swing the tongue and I only have about 6 to 8 inches to spare.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I don’t believe a WX2100 will fit in a 23 foot garage. I store mine in a 27 foot shed with the motor trimmed part of the way down, and I don’t swing the tongue and I only have about 6 to 8 inches to spare.

X 2. Did a quick measurement on my 2100 and from the bow mount trolling (sticks further out than the swing tongue) to the end of my Yammi 250 (trimmed down) is over 27 feet.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Thats what I thought. I was trying to figure how a 21′ boat with trolling motor and big motor was only 23 something. That sucks, looks like I need a garage addition!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.