Skeeter “Fish-Ability” Awesome!!

• arklite881south

After the first month in my new WX2100 from Skeeter I can honestly say the ease of fishing out of this boat has been simply incredible. It can be a bit hard to describe a boat that is “Fisherman Friendly”, but by personally being in a boat more than my vehicle you really begin to appreciate the thought process that went into this design for hardcore anglers like myself targeting multiple species from April-October in all weather conditions. First off as I’ve discussed before storage is key for me, and many anglers these days. A deeper bow simply allows for more storage capacity. Having gear for 4 different species of fish organized and stowed allows me to be far more organized by having all of our weapons on board ready for action should the conditions call for them. Stowing 20+ rods allows me to quickly grab different set ups for different conditions without missing a beat where in the past rod storage for me was lacking, and I’d simply have to take the time to re-rig set ups wasting precious time. The baitwell and livewells are awesome convienently located front and back, and the oxygenator could keep fish alive for a month I swear. Very nice having perfect condition fish for shorelunch or cleaning after the trip. Too often anglers make the mistake of cleaning and eating dead fish that quickly lose quality. Also key for tournament anglers. The oversized bow allows 2 guys to work up front with a fantastic platform for pitching jigs or casting cranks comfortably while having the 2 jump seats that fold down in the back provides yet another elevated fishing location. Still I love a deep cockpit protected by a full windshield for transporting to and from fishing destinations. Here in Borderland we travel upwards of 30-40 miles on trips somedays, and I’m not going to lie…..Sometimes in inclimate weather. I know these boats come in “Double Bubbles”, but I’m all for the full windshield. Couple these things with Sirius Radio in a land with only 2 local radio stations!!, a built in cooler, and multiple other storage containers powered by the bulletproof Yamaha 4 stroke….This is an unbelievable multi-species boat!! Surely I’ve missed things like the added Trollmaster that I will be utilizing very soon or the performance of the Terrova 101 at bow, but point being the SBC has dialed in a Perfect boat for a guy that depends on it on a daily basis.

I’ve included a couple pics. One pic is with my good friend, and fellow fishing guides Ranger. It was crazy how the profile of our boats were so different. The WX2100 was so much deeper than his Ranger. Both great boats, but couldn’t help but notice as we were both tied up together for a shorelunch. Lastly I’ve had a keel guard installed as we sometimes pull into areas without docks for shorelunches. Something many anglers don’t deal with, but as a fishing guide is a reality. The taper of the V coupled with the Keel guard has really performed beautifully when a guy needs to come into shore!!

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Nice! Im still working on the wife letting me trade in my tin can for one in the spring! Isnt that a T8 on the back? Dont they come with VTS or it the troll master diffrent?

arklite881south

Hi Huntfsih,

I made the move to glass, and won’t be moving back I can tell you that. I was about as hardcore Tin boy as you’d find in the lake filled with granite, but The difference is incredible. Funny thing is the weight is often the same or lighter than a comparable tin boat too. That is a 9.9 on the back, and the Troll master allows it to be dialed down without VTS.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Nice. I want glass for a better ride and other reasons too….Im sick of feeling like I just got done with a bar fight after a rough day on the water. My Great Great Grandfather bought an island on rainy back the the early 1900’s from the Canadian Goverment. The deed for the place looks like it should be in a museum. But….. it got handed down the other side of the family. (Thanks Great Grandpa) Ive been up there a few times when I was a kid but would love to make it back up there again. Im not sure where it is but the place is amazing. The original cabin which I think is still standing was built by native americans. My great great uncle was an amazing craftsman/artist on the newer cabin. Any way I remeber stories from my great grandfather about wrecking lower units on motors getting out there. Also bailing water by hand in small boats. But also amazing catches of fish.

arklite881south

LOL!! Thats Rainy Lake Pal!!! Lots of big fish and a few rocks too. Actually the lake is pretty safe once people realize that just becuase your don’t see a rock does not mean that there might not be one coming. Lakemaster chips are fantastic learning tools, and even though they say NOT FOR NAVIGATION………Everyone I know including myself dials it in from time to time. Creating a few save trails or routes with a guide really opens the lake up for anglers. From there take it easy until you feel comfortable with your routes in and out of fishing locations. Yes the ride is a big part of why I decided to go glass. I ran a Lund Fisherman Magnum. Biggest and Baddest they produced, and took a kicking when the wind came up. I think a common misconception is the big heavy tin boats ride better……..Couldn’t be farther from the truth. If you get up here give me a shout…I’ll gladly give you a run in my WX2100.

brentbullets

Nice boat. I have one also and fish the Missouri River system in South Dakota. It can get pretty rough also and its not uncommon for me to make 20 mile runs. This boat is stable and safe, the perfect big water boat.

Kdawg1966

Good to hear you’re in love with the new boat, and I can see why – I just bought a new 1850 myself and am tickled pink about it. I’ve got 3 full days on Winnibigosh and it flat out seems to be a walleye fishing machine. Storage, aerator, dual baitwells, etc., they pretty much covered all the bases. Yours is a very nice looking specimen, by the way. Enjoy your summer!

arklite881south

Hi Kdawg

Both the 1850 and the 1950 are great boats. I’ve got some buddies who AREN’T fishing guides that are looking closely at these models. I’ve fished out of both of them quite a few times. James and I filmed of course out of his 1950, and I’ve got a good friend/customer who runs the 1850. Not everyone needs a WX2100. I often have big groups and have a guide load on the boat more often than not. That WX series is a superb fishing machine. For Big water like Winnie, LOTW, Red, Rainy, Mille Lacs, Leech, Vermillion…..But even on the smaller bodies of water where you might not experience the wrath of “Mother Nature” at times the boat has earned a spot in many Anglers Garage!! Without question Every customer that has stepped in my boat, and had me throw the throttle down as had a smile that is almost the same as their PB meeting the landing net!! THAT my friend is What I’m Talking about!! IDO member “Nobaitnate” gets inducted to the Daze “SWAT” team with yesterdays Tank of the day!! If I recall his words as we shot out of the bay in the “Red Dart” this boat is FREAKING AWESOME!! By the way….GREAT FISH NATE!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.