Daze Skeeter Gets Wet!!

• arklite881south

Finally happened!! The “FishCasket” had is Rainy Lake baptism today. First off had to introduce the boat to its summer routine by stopping at the Rainy Lake One Stop for some coffee, and everything else I need for the day on the water. Then off to the Landing, and although a bit nervous was happy to slide that “Sick Puppy” off the trailer into Tilson Bay. The boat road like an absolute DREAM. Spent the day going over all the ins and outs of this Walleye machine. Everything works!! NICE!! Ran the Terrova 101 while casting for some pike for a little while, and man does that have some KICK!! Be careful NOT to throw yourself out of the bow….(Talking to myself) LOL!! The Yami 250 is a brute, yet purrs like a Kitten!! Could not be more satisfied on my maiden voyage!! If your NOT sold on a Skeeter Deep-V Series you probably haven’t ridden in one yet!! If anyone wants to take a little spin around Rainy to see for themselves how this machine handle the big water feel free to give me a shout. I’m willing to show her off after guide trips.

ErikOsberg
    Wadena, MN

I thought you’d have a bigger smile on your face. Have the pike spawned yet?

Erik

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So…is it now called the “Skeeter Casket”?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Chris, I am drooling all over my keyboard right now…

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Sweet ride Chris, but you gotta put your priorities in order.You showed the lil misses in the storage bin, where’s the shot of her driving HER boat in the bikini???

camodm
    Wisconsin

Congrats on your 1st day on the water with your new ride. Glad to hear all went well. Enjoy the Skeeter Wx2100 as I’m sure you will. NICE LOOKING RIDE!!!

arklite881south

Quote:

I thought you’d have a bigger smile on your face. Have the pike spawned yet?

Erik

Hey Erik

I was on the Terrova 101 for a couple hours in some of my favorite early season Pike areas, and connected with about 9 pike. None of the big fish involved with the spawn though. Biggest probably only went 5lbs. Should be soon. I was shooting 58 degrees in back shallow bays in the middle part of the day. I’ll be in full swing next week, and I expect it to be Spot On!!

Shoot me an email Eric about your trip in June, so we can get something coordinated Pal!!

arklite881south

Quote:

Sweet ride Chris, but you gotta put your priorities in order.You showed the lil misses in the storage bin, where’s the shot of her driving HER boat in the bikini???

LOL!! I’m sure we’ll have some tubing ventures this summer She’d rather be fishing though!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

With all that storage……did you remember where everything is at?

You are gonna love the ride & windshield on those rough water days.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Great looking ride Chris, Congrats

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hi Chris,

Nice looking ride. Congrats! Once you go glass, you never go back.

-J.

arklite881south

Hey Dean I’m getting sheet that tells me where everything is located!! Storage is so key!! Beyond that here is how I ultimately narrowed my personal boat search to the WX2100 from Skeeter through the SBC. From 1 to 5 I attempted to decipher my top 5 needs/wants I felt would only help myself and customers enjoy fishing, and also make my job as a fishing guide easier on a day to day basis. #1 was pretty easy for me, and that was it has to have a superior ride. Tough to have fun with a sore back. There is no substitute in my mind for a dry comfortable ride really regardless of where or how you fish. Here on Rainy Lake or the Rainy River it might be a bit more evident being at times big water, and extending a fishing season through September and October as well as getting an early shot again for big pike in April prior to the states fishing opener. Second on my list was STORAGE!! For multi-species anglers like myself we need the storage to become organized. I can carry all of my guide gear plus plenty of “Just in Case” items, and stow it efficiently!! Third on my list was the “Fishability” factor of the boat. How versatile the boat was for how I fish. 4th on my list was simply the over all value. I felt the Value exceeded the upfront costs of the boat. I factored in the demand for a boat like mine down the road in determing my end costs of purchasing this boat. I have seldom been sorry for buying high quality products. 5th which could have just as easily been #1 was Customer Service. I wanted someone to CARE that my boat was meeting or exceeding my expectations of it. These factors solidified a WX2100 Deep V series from the Skeeter Boat Center from every angle!!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Sweet ride Chris! But looks like you need some practice on your docking skills those bumpers aren’t doing much…..

Jami

arklite881south

LOL!! I always tie up to the end of the dock when parking my truck if I put in at a landing in case others want to launch. This dock has bumpers on the end of the dock as well as corners, so my personal bumpers are simply for when I slide it off the trailer along the side of the dock.

brentbullets

Just wait until it gets rough, then you will know you made the right choice in boats. I know I love my WX2100 on the Missouri River system.

arklite881south

Thanks DT!! I’ll put them to use!! I was actually heading out into the bigger part of the lake to find rougher water!! IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!! VERY NICE SKEETER!!

matt_schultz
    Mississippi River Pool 4

Congrats Chris! That’s a great looking boat and I’m sure you and all fishing with you are going to enjoy it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.