Rod Holders

• tonyholland00
    Plymouth MN

I have pretty much everything coming on my boat except for rod holders… What is everyone running? I have used Folbe and really like them, any other suggestions? I was thinking about trying the cabelas quick draw but am unsure of them.

Thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Folbe would be choice , I have 4 and love them quick and easy.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I have pretty much everything coming on my boat except for rod holders… What is everyone running? I have used Folbe and really like them, any other suggestions? I was thinking about trying the cabelas quick draw but am unsure of them.

Thanks

I ran the Cabelas 360s for a couple years. They did OK, but they weren’t exactly what I was looking for. I’m currently running Cannon Rod holders and I really like them. They accommodate spinning, casting, and trolling gear. They are lockable if you need that feature. Price isn’t bad at all.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

i have 3 quickdraws and i like them a lot. i like the fact that you can just pull the rod up and they slide right out of the holder.. ive used ram holders and other wire style holders. with the quickdraws you sacrifice a little security (at least i think so since you cant lock your rod into the holder) and some maneuverability, but at the price point you pay for others, i can live with that.

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

I have been using Scotties Power Locks for years and I have no complaints. They work very well for me.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

I use the RAM 2000 with flush bases and love them. Ive never even had a close call with the rod falling out and wow do the walleyes hit hard on leech in the fall. They have some new ones out this year that are somewhat like the quick draws but you just lift straight up. I dont know what the new ones cost but the 2000s are like 20something. If you can, I strongly recommend the flush bases. If you want some ability to move them around id install stainless rails to mount them on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.