Looking for a WX2000T with 150 HP??

• jhalfen

The 2010 Skeeter WX-2000T was re-rated for 115 HP, but the 2009 run of those big tillers was rated for 150 HP.

Skeeter Boat Center has taken their remaining 2009 Skeeter 20-foot tiller, a true walleye search-and-destroy machine, and repowered it with a Yamaha 150 HP tiller equipped with power steering. It is one sweet ride with a really striking fire-and-ice color pattern with a white cap. Check out the photos at the Skeeter Boat Center website:

150 HP-powered WX 2000T at Skeeter Boat Center

IDO staffer Ben Garver drove all the way from Nebraska past fall to pick up his 2009 WX2000T, also powered by a 150 HP Yamaha tiller. I know that Ben’s very happy with his new ride!

If you’re interested in some more information and on-the-water photos of the WX 2000T, check out the links below; they describe a 115 HP-powered WX 2000T that I used to run a Search and Rescue orientation for the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department last summer.

Humminbird Seach and Rescue Orientation

Skeeter WX 2000T: first impressions

If you have other questions about the WX 2000T, please feel free to drop me a line, or contact Dan Meyer at Skeeter Boat Center (715-833-2662) to schedule a visit or a test drive.

jhalfen

I have a special offer to sweeten the deal:

If an IDO member or guest purchases this boat before March 1 (just in time for the Pool 4 pre-spawn walleye bonanza!), and equips it with a Humminbird Side Imaging fishing system or a MinnKota Terrova/i-Pilot combo, I’ll throw in a FREE 2-hour, on-the-water Humminbird or MinnKota training session. Equip the boat with BOTH a Humminbird fishing system AND a Terrova/i-Pilot combo, and we’ll do a FREE full-day fishing trip with the training folded in.

This is a great opportunity to get a terrific buy on a hard-to-find 150 HP-powered WX 2000T, and to receive individualized training from a member of the Humminbird factory team.

Let me or Dan know if we can help!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

That is a fantastic offer Jason. I don’t know if you could even begin to put a price on that type of on the water training!

I wonder how much time this could save a guy in learning to best utilize their new purchase.

FDR

jhalfen

Thanks FDR! I think it’s a pretty valuable offer too.

There’s only one string attached: the offer expires on March 1.

Hopefully, someone in IDO-land can take advantage of this powerful opportunity!

Angler II

Why was the boat re-rated this year?

jhalfen

As I understand it, the re-rating was due to motor availability issues, rather than to a hull or transom redesign.

We’ve all been trained to put as much HP on the transom as the boat is rated for. People were leery about hanging a 115 on a boat that was rated for a 150, for fear of the package underperforming. Those fears are completely unfounded, as the WX 2000T/115 combo runs very reliably at 40 mph with 3 guys in the boat. That’s not hype….I’ve done it myself.

Having said that, the 150-powered WX 2000T is an absolute rocketship. Fun as heck to have access to all those ponies in the palm of your hand.

jhalfen

Here are a few pictures of the 150-powered WX 2000T. A unique and beautiful boat with zero hours….ready for a new lake, river or reservoir to call home.

This is a boat/motor/trailer package that can be rigged with the electronics and trolling motor(s) of your choice, with a kicker motor also available.

Keep in mind my special offer above, if you choose to rig the boat with a Humminbird Side Imaging fishing system or an i-Pilot equipped MinnKota trolling motor.

SLOTLIMIT

Nice rig! Iam very interested but would need a tandem axle trailer

jhalfen

Contact Dan Meyer, 715-833-2662 to see if a different trailer is available.

About 10 days left on my special on-the-water training offer

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

This boat powered by a Yamaha 150 is a rocket ship!! It’s by far the most fun boat I have ever driven in my life. It’s like having a 20 ft jet ski. I bought mine in October and I’m itching bad for this weather to break so we can get rid of our ice. I did get in several trips before ice up and it fishes like a dream. I also have a T8 kicker on it and it’s a wonderful addition to this boat. My top speed when I’m full of fuel, tournament gear, full livewell and baitwell, and a pasenger and myself topped out around 50.5 MPH. It’s scary fast and a real thrill ride. I’ve had it in some rough water too and it blows across the top of the waves like a dream. I’m looking forward to seeing how it handles my up coming tournament season. It turns a lot of heads where ever it goes especially when it’s running full throttle down the lake.

One of my biggest concerns when I looked at this boat was the single axle trailer. I was skeptical since my last boat had a tandem axel. The trailer is built tough. The axel is a large one. Would it be nice to have a tandem axle, of course it would. What I’m going to do to ease my mind is have an after market trailer tire pressure monitering system installed. This will give me an instant notification of a tire failure or loss of air pressure. This is somthing I will have installed on any boat I own from here on out. I blew a tire on my last boat with a tandem axle trailer and did over $1000 worth of damage to the trailer. A warning system should really help to prevent anything major from happening again.

If anyone is intrested in this boat and has any questions please feel free to give me a shout too. I’d be glad to help in any way I can. The guys at the Skeeter Boat Center were exceptional to work with.

SLOTLIMIT

I appriciate the advice on the single axle trailer but i travel to many miles to run one.I guess my only option will be to get a rig with the F115 that are availabe with a tandem axle trailer. I know guys that get along with the F115 but i’m not sure if it will fit my situation. I fish bigt water here in South Dakota and when the weather gets nasty you need to get off fast. I fish several three to four man/Spouse tournaments and not sure the F115 can cary the load and run the speed needed.

jhalfen

The F115 still provides plenty of power and excellent performance with the WX2000T. Last summer, I ran 4 guys in a 115-powered WX2000T with good hole shot and top end of about 38-39. Cut that down to 3 guys and the top end is over 40.

What amazes me about this boat is the absolutely tremendous amount of storage and open fishing space. Four anglers could easily fish out of this boat, something I know I couldn’t do effectively in my wheel boat with a walk-through windshield.

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Ben I have a question about your kicker. How do you reach it on the other side of your big motor or is it tied into the big motor somehow?

Vinci
    Minnesota

Ben what prop are you Running? I am running the same set up but have a vantage on the back instead of a kicker, my top speed fully loaded by myself is 51mph when I add another person I drop to around 48mph. I absolutely love this boat, had it on Sakakawea for 2 weeks last year and it handled the big waves awesome.

jhalfen

Just one week left to take advantage of my on-the-water Humminbird/MinnKota training offer for the new owner of this 150 HP-powered WX2000T.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Ben I have a question about your kicker. How do you reach it on the other side of your big motor or is it tied into the big motor somehow?

It is not tied to the big motor yet, however I will be tying them together before the season gets under way. I’m going to put a link that can be easily removed if I choose. The power steering is awesome and I believe once the two motors are linked it will steer like a dream. The trolling I did last fall was a lot of fun in this boat. When the wind wasn’t blowing I could lock the kicker straight and do all my steering with the big motor. The boat tracks like a dream and I was even able to steer it with the big motor while running 3-ways on P-4. When trolling in the wind I would sit on the edge of the splash well on a seat cushion and steer from there. It’s not ideal but it worked just fine. I’m looking forward to having the two motors tied together this year as well as having a new Minn Kota Terova 101 with the i-pilot. I feel like this setup is going to be an ideal trolling machine and the walleye had better be scared!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Ben what prop are you Running? I am running the same set up but have a vantage on the back instead of a kicker, my top speed fully loaded by myself is 51mph when I add another person I drop to around 48mph. I absolutely love this boat, had it on Sakakawea for 2 weeks last year and it handled the big waves awesome.

I’ll check on the prop for you next time I get over to my storage garage. I haven’t done a lot of prop research yet but we did test a couple props when I bought the boat. I’m hoping to get this boat to 52 MPH after it’s all broke in and I find the right prop. It’s amazing that my old boat had a 225 and would hit 52-54, while this ones drinks half the gas and darn near can keep up with the old one.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Slot, please get out in a 2000T with a 115 before you judge it. I ran mine with a 115 for half the season last year before my 150 came in. Mostly on Mille Lacs, that gets ugly once in a while. Unless you drive it, you just can’t fathom how quick the 115 gets that big hull out of the water and runs. The fisherman that are still questioning how well this combo works, haven’t fished out of it yet.

Mine has the 150 now but if you want to see it or go for ride this spring just shoot me a PM and I’ll get you my number.

Thanks, Adam L

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I asked this before and never recieved a good answer, but the biggest problem with the 115 is why don’t they make it with VTS? I have a 75 with VTS on my 1790 and love it. If you have a tiller with a motor that is under powered you should at least be able to use it like a tiller is intended.
    If you have a 150 you have all the power you need and can controll it as well as the smaller motor without VTS.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Can someone tell me if you can get VTS on the 115, or if Yamaha will make this available in the future?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

They do not make VTS for the 115 hp. I’m not sure about future plans.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

That bums me out I have a 1790t with VTS now and was thinking about the WX2000T for my next boat. After having VTS I will not own another tiller without it. Sure do like the Skeeters though.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Doesnt Mercury have a VTS type option on bigger tillers?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Quote:

Doesnt Mercury have a VTS type option on bigger tillers?

Kraig,
    OK, I’m a believer! I ran a SX2000T with a 115 on it yesterday (playing with steering systems) and it goes amazingly well on this hull. Not as nice as the 225 V-Rod mind you, but not bad. If they get that 115 on a 18′ tiller hull, that could be a pretty sweet combination.
    HRG

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I seen a 150hp Yammie tiller this weekend with VTS on it, guy said no wind trolls down to 1.2-1.5 mph…thats about perfect.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Was it a 2011? Do you know where he bought it?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I don’t know if it was a 2011 or not, it had XST on the handle. it was on a warrior boat.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.