DI Transducer placement

• waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I am wondering where people install there DI transducer. Is it better on the transom or expoxied in on the fiberglass boat. The shop is not sure if they can place the DI transducer on the transom on the WX 1850.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What kind of shop is it? I don’t know the answer personally, but if I would have asked the shop where it needs to go and they didn’t know, I would have turned right back around and said good day.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

Its a boat shop where i bought the boat. I just think they have put one on a skeeter before.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Might be quicker to pick up the phone and give a skeeter boat dealer a call.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

It will be best to mount on the transom.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

The transducer was placed in the boat. Hb said u can place the transducer in the boat on a fiberglass boat but not on a aluminum boat. I see how it works this weekend when I take it out.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Although it will probably read in the bottom of the boat if you want to use DI to the best of its ability it should go on the transom. Im also not sure if you will get interference with 2 transducers that close and running at the same time.

I would mount it on the transom and leave the 2d in the hull.

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I might just do that. I am going to wait to see on how my nieghbors HB does when we take his boat out then decide. Anyone have a photo of a 2013 WX 1850 with DI mounted on the transom?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

If running a glassed in 2d ducer and a y-cable you can pretty much mount it anywhere on the transom that doesn’t block its view down.
    That is unless you want hi speed DI than you will have to put it at the water line.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.