Trolling motor mount

• andyjohnson

I have a 2000T going to put a bow mout trolling on it seen awile back their was a special disconect plate made for skeeter boats just trying to get some info on it going with an I pilot or a I pilot link

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

If he doesnt reply to this post, shoot Eric Rehberg a PM he can answer that for you.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Skeeter did come out with a slide plate. It allows the trolling motor to slide back to where it is almost completely inside the rub rail of the boat. It really helps when trying to climb in and out of the front of the boat. That particular model (2000t) doesn’t “need” one per say but the benefits it adds are sure nice in the long run. I have both the skeeter slide plate and the regular Minn Kota MKA-21 bracket in stock and use both of them regularly.

If you have any specific questions, fire away!!

andyjohnson

Was it for loading reasons to have it that far back seems like one more thing to do slide it out then deploy the motor

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Was it for loading reasons to have it that far back seems like one more thing to do slide it out then deploy the motor

They were originally created for loading and unloading ease. Since then the trailers have been redesigned so that’s not an issue. We use them more now to create more space up front when using the winch post ladders.
    At first I thought it would be a pain to have to remember to slide it every time but once you unload the boat you slide it out and don’t worry about it until you load the boat again and just slide it back.
    Like mentioned before you don’t “need” one for a 2000t but they do make it easier! The regular MKA-21 bracket works just fine!

Zach H

Hey Eric,

What are the cost of these Skeeter brackets and do they line up with the exisiting holes that are used for the Minn Kota bracket? I might be interested in getting one of these for my boat. After looking at the 2014 MX1825 on the SBC website, it almost looks like they might come factory on the boat, or is that something that your guys have installed when you get the boats?

brentbullets

On my WX2190 that I bought last year it came from factory that way.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I believe in the middle of 2013 they started coming standard from the factory, as long as the boat was ordered with a trolling motor.
    I believe they are at $189. They don’t line up with any bracket or if you direct mounted it. It will cover up all previous holes though.

rferguson
    NULL

Is this a Skeeter exclusive slide plate or is this a Minnkota part? If so what is the part number?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Is this a Skeeter exclusive slide plate or is this a Minnkota part? If so what is the part number?

This is something skeeter themselfs made. Minn Kota has something similar but it is thinner metal and doest slide as easily.

andyjohnson

Thanks for the reply dose the skeeter plate slide completely off for motor storage or if your boat cover has no boot for the motor

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

It does but you need a wrench to loosen up a bolt that is used as a stop when sliding back and forth. A cresent wrench will do the trick though.

Jesse

How do I get ahold of one of these brackets? I have a wx 1850 and my motor will hit occasionally.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I beg to differ Eric, I have a 2000T and regularly hit the trolling motor on deeper landings. BUT…I have a Drotto installed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.