Skeeter 1850 1825 kicker

• tvfishermn

I am intrested in buying a Skeeter 1850 or 1825. My question is using a kicker motor. What are advantages and disadvantages of a bigger rear deck between the 1850 and 1825, also hooking up the kicker to the main motor or using the tiller handle.

Thanks For the any input.

Rodney Bondele

Neusch1

tiller handle for sure, I have a ZX2050 and the tiller is conected to my big motor, doesn’t turn enough. Love my kicker except for that.

woodenfish
    st.croix valley

Tiller handle for sure. You can always connect it to your big motor. For trolling contours you need the tiller handle.

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

I have the 9.9 yami tiller on my 1850. After fishing one year I realized while trolling, I wanted to steer from the wheel so I added the quick disconnect to the big motor. I also added whitecap splash guards this year. IMO best of both worlds, use it as a tiller if you want and in 5 seconds it can be attached to the 150hp.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I have both, tiller handle and a quick connect to the big motor. I don’t use either one very often. I prefer to use my i-pilot to steer and keep the kicker locked straight. I feel I have more control steering with the TM.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

As others have said… Go with the tiller, you can always add a quick connect. You can also add a Troll Master so you can have throttle control at the helm as well.

live2cast
    waukesha,wi

I have a 1850 and it would be nice if it had the back of a 1825 but I like the hull on my boat. As for the kicker, I have the tiller handle. I only fish muskies and salmon. I do not like the tiller handle. I wish I would of got the kicker without the handle, at the time of purches and install the cost was to high to have the extra throttle installed at the helm. At the time I did not about the troll master pro. If I was told all the options, I would have got the kicker without the handle and the troll master hooked up to the the kicker. As for the steering link to the big motor that is a must for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.