Time for a visit

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Taking half day off tomm and going for a bit of a bike ride, perchance I get near Eau Claire I’m wondering if the new Skeeter location is easy to find?

Also, Dean you be around about 2pm or so??

Happy Thanks Giving all

Al

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Our new address is:

321 W. Prairie View Dr
    Chippewa Falls, WI
    715-833-2662
    866-597-5338

Very easy to find and a phone call will find out when Dean will be around.

If taking I-94 beware………….the highway patrol will be thicker then ticks tomorrow.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

and watch out for deer they are getting smooshed all over this week!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Our new address is:

321 W. Prairie View Dr

Chippewa Falls, WI

715-833-2662

866-597-5338

Very easy to find and a phone call will find out when Dean will be around.

If taking I-94 beware………….the highway patrol will be thicker then ticks tomorrow.

Thanks, on the bike I usually go easy anyway, especially in Wisc..:)

Hopefully mapquest or my garmin knows where then.

Phone call? today, tomm???

Lots of deer during the day too?

Thanks.

Al

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Taking half day off tomm and going for a bit of a bike ride, perchance I get near Eau Claire I’m wondering if the new Skeeter location is easy to find?

Happy Thanks Giving all

Al

You Bet I will!
    Take the 29 exit off of 94 stay on 29 & exit on Seymour Cray Blvd. Right next to Pizza Hut & McDonalds on 124.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Happy Thanks Giving all

Al

You Bet I will!
    Take the 29 exit off of 94 stay on 29 & exit on Seymour Cray Blvd. Right next to Pizza Hut & McDonalds on 124.

Thanks you sir..

Al

jerry b
    western WI

Swing thru Ellsworth & pick up some cheese curds for him. He’ll probably give ya a boat ride for your troubles. They gotta be white curds tho. jerr

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Swing thru Ellsworth & pick up some cheese curds for him. He’ll probably give ya a boat ride for your troubles. They gotta be white curds tho. jerr

He likes white cheese curds huh? ok…

edit…I see I can get into trouble if I stop at the creamery there, lots of good sounding chesse there.

No string cheese though??

Al

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

From the MSP airport to Skeeter I seen two MN troopers and 4 Wisc troopers who had people pulled over and prob 15+ deer dead along side the road, you weren’t kidding on the watch out for cops and deer..:)

Had a good time visiting with Dean and got a chance to actually get in a couple of the boats I was kinda looking at.

Is there a Skeeter in my future?

No, I don’t think so.

First the 70k loaded price was to high for me.

Not that the boat wasn’t worth it, it’s just not worth that much for me.

Just to many things I didn’t care for, like having to mount rod holders on a rail, and down riggers on the top of the fiberglass gunwale with out backing, the locker on the passenger side needing two hands to open and the passenger seat being in the way of doing so, the rod storage space needs something to keep the rods from bouncing around, and add the inconvenience of a dual axle trailer and having to back across the lawn to put the boat away come to mind.

Even if I got 25k for my boat, I just don’t see 45k more boat there.

I know the ride will be better, but considering I’m up on plane probably less than 10% of the time I’m in the boat, I just can’t justify the cost.

So thanks Dean for spending the time with me, but for now..I’ll pass.

Al

Dean Marshall

Great to see you to Al ! But not sure where 70 came from , you must have added Waaaay more options?

Your present boat may be the best for your situation but you are always welcome to actually drive one someday to see for yourself !

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Rail mount rod holders are a plus in my book. No drilling into the glass. And after you fish them, you can adjust locations easily. I know James (and Skeeter crew) found that most anglers want an open rod locker. Most of us prefer to lay rods in there and just use rod covers to prevent tangles. Easily doubles the storage capisity of most rod lockers over tube designs.

-J.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

70 is the price I believe you said a fully loaded 2025 would run, even at 60k it was more money than I wanted to spend on what was there.

Rod covers are a pain, I can slide my rods in and out now and be ready to use without dealing with the damn covers.

I can get 20 rods in my lockers with no problem, I don’t need anymore than that.

Much more to the point, it’s what I want, not what anybody thinks is better.

And I know this forum is Skeeter crazy and sponsored by them, but there’s no way that boat is worth another 40 or 50k to me, I keep hearing about ride, something I need to concern myself with less than 10% of the time.

Maybe with discounts, unlimited funds or sponsorship you can justify the cost, I can’t.

Like I said, nice boat, just not for me.

Al

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Your present boat may be the best for your situation but you are always welcome to actually drive one someday to see for yourself !

Like I said Al your boat may be the best for you as is. Appreciated your visit & have fun fishing regardless of what boat you fish out of !

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said Al your boat may be the best for you as is. Appreciated your visit & have fun fishing regardless of what boat you fish out of !

Thanks Dean, and I meant it when I said, nice boat, just to much money for me to justify, especially with retirement in about a year.

Was a pleasure talking to ya.

Al

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.