MX1825 vs. WX1900

• garagelogician

Besides the obvious difference of the larger motor and the tandem trailer, what other differences are there? I have a family of 5 and we all want to fish and boat. We have been looking at the WX1850 and WX1900 but I just stumbled across this new MX1825.

I see the standard package is a single console but on the skeeter site it is shown with a walk-through making it even more similar to the WX1900.

I am eager to get on the water but I want to make sure I do all my homework and make the best decision for me. -)

Thanks
    -GL

kroger3
    blaine mn

If your eager the mx is probably going to make you wait quite a while. There is a ride and drive coming up real soon that will have the rigs your talking about.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Besides the obvious difference of the larger motor and the tandem trailer, what other differences are there? I have a family of 5 and we all want to fish and boat. We have been looking at the WX1850 and WX1900 but I just stumbled across this new MX1825.

I see the standard package is a single console but on the skeeter site it is shown with a walk-through making it even more similar to the WX1900.

I am eager to get on the water but I want to make sure I do all my homework and make the best decision for me. -)

Thanks

-GL

I see you are talking about a larger outboard on the WX1900. Be aware that the MX1825 can have a 200HDPI on it as well.

See post #4 in this thread.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/1011123/fpart/1/skeeter-1825mx-photos-and-release-notes

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

Besides the obvious difference of the larger motor and the tandem trailer, what other differences are there?

Hi GL,

WX models
    -rear jump seats
    -deeper bow with more under deck storage
    -able to put a ski pylon rather than just a ski bar on the boat for skiing and tubing
    -3 inch deeper cockpit

WX1900
    -snap in carpet
    -deep bow but closer to water from front deck
    -comes std with tandem trailer
    – 200hpdi and 200 4 stroke available
    WX1850
    -optional tandem trailer
    -deeper front bow with more storage
    -150 4stroke is max hp
    Both WX1900 and WX1850 are 18’9″

MX1825
    -rear casting deck with 50inch livewell
    -lockable rod storage in port gunnels for rods up to 12′
    -extra starboard storage
    -availble with f150 or 200hpdi
    -tandem is optional
    -fishes closer to water
    -shorter length 18’4″, wider beam 97″
    -still can handle big waves, but WX Series is designed for big water
    -will be rated for 6 people but only 4 seats behind console
    someone would have to sit on cushion on rear livewell
    -easy step up to rear and front decks

All three take a kicker
    MX Series is faster
    WX Series hold more fuel capacity

All three are fantastic boats.

It will depend on your fishing style and you preferred fishing locations as to which one we’d recommend.

Coming to a ride and drive would be the best way to tell. We will be having at least 5-6 ride and drive events from August to October in MN and WI. Where are you from and where do you fish?

We could also arrange a private ride and drive at your convenience if your within range of Western Wi and Twin Cities general area.

Thanks for your interest in Skeeter Products. My best advice, take your family and put them in each boat and take a test drive. If we can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to call. Have a great day!

garagelogician

Quote:

Quote:

Besides the obvious difference of the larger motor and the tandem trailer, what other differences are there?

Hi GL,

WX models
    -rear jump seats
    -deeper bow with more under deck storage
    -able to put a ski pylon rather than just a ski bar on the boat for skiing and tubing
    -3 inch deeper cockpit

WX1900
    -snap in carpet
    -deep bow but closer to water from front deck
    -comes std with tandem trailer
    – 200hpdi and 200 4 stroke available
    WX1850
    -optional tandem trailer
    -deeper front bow with more storage
    -150 4stroke is max hp
    Both WX1900 and WX1850 are 18’9″

MX1825
    -rear casting deck with 50inch livewell
    -lockable rod storage in port gunnels for rods up to 12′
    -extra starboard storage
    -availble with f150 or 200hpdi
    -tandem is optional
    -fishes closer to water
    -shorter length 18’4″, wider beam 97″
    -still can handle big waves, but WX Series is designed for big water
    -will be rated for 6 people but only 4 seats behind console
    someone would have to sit on cushion on rear livewell
    -easy step up to rear and front decks

All three take a kicker
    MX Series is faster
    WX Series hold more fuel capacity

All three are fantastic boats.

It will depend on your fishing style and you preferred fishing locations as to which one we’d recommend.

Coming to a ride and drive would be the best way to tell. We will be having at least 5-6 ride and drive events from August to October in MN and WI. Where are you from and where do you fish?

We could also arrange a private ride and drive at your convenience if your within range of Western Wi and Twin Cities general area.

Thanks for your interest in Skeeter Products. My best advice, take your family and put them in each boat and take a test drive. If we can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to call. Have a great day!

From what I can tell, the over view pic of the MX1825 (on the skeeter site) shows jump seats.

http://www.skeetermultispeciesboats.com/features/over-it

Also, considering that the decks in front are different in size, I am curious which rod locker has the greater capacity. Or are they both the same? Will they both hold 8 foot muskie rods?

I am located in MN (the Twin Cities area) and fish the metro lakes a lot during the week. I may start doing some river fishing too since the river is also close.

Besides the metro lakes I like to fish Lake or the Woods, Mille Lacs and Leech. I am also interested in fishing Vermillion and Rainy.

Based on the comments from the ride drive I am very interested in the MX, especially if it actually will have jump seats. I do believe in maxing the HP so I am leaning towards the 200Hp on either boat.

I was told that the 200Hp 4-stroke was disappointing and that I should get the HPDI if I go with the 200. I was kind of set on a four stroke and I do plan to have whatever I buy for a long time (I am not one to trade up every couple years).

So, while I would like to have the new boat on my favorite lake next week I do want to take the time to make the right choice. I would love to participate in a ride and drive event but I don’t like the idea of waiting until August.

I am also interested to know what would be a reasonable time frame to expect the MX1825 with the 200HP. If it is going to be this fall then….. well maybe my decision is a lot easier. -)

I really do appreciate the answers and the feedback from everyone. I am very excited to become a part of the Skeeter team. I am confident that Skeeter is the right choice, I just need to figure out what I want.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

The site you were looking at may be a little confusing. The picture you were looking at is actually a WX model. The MX model will not have jump seats as the middle of the deck is a 50″ livewell and there is a storage compartment on each side of it. Here is a general picture of the MX series.

The center rod locker will have a about the same room in both models due to a different layout but the mx also has a side rod holster that can carry rods up to 12′ long.

As far as time frame I cannot be sure what it will be at this point, Dave may have a closer idea on that.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

As far as time frame I cannot be sure what it will be at this point, Dave may have a closer idea on that.

What is kind of the typical time frame form ordering a skeeter to being out the door?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

What is kind of the typical time frame form ordering a skeeter to being out the door?

I understood my experience to be pretty typical. It took me around 10 weeks (ordered to received rigged and ready). Depends on when you order your rig though. Peak spring season may take a little longer. I waited as long as I dare (ordered March 28th).

garagelogician

Quote:

The site you were looking at may be a little confusing. The picture you were looking at is actually a WX model. The MX model will not have jump seats as the middle of the deck is a 50″ livewell and there is a storage compartment on each side of it. Here is a general picture of the MX series.

Ahh, I was confused since that WX shows starboard side storage in the gunwale. Is this new for the 2012 boats or? I know the WX1900 I have looked at did not have that storage. I could not tell, maybe that picture is the WX2100? Does that one have the storage?

Thanks for your help! -)

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

The wx 2100 has storage on both gunwales. The 1850 and 1900 do not have starboard gunwale storage.

I think that answers your question?

garagelogician

Quote:

The wx 2100 has storage on both gunwales. The 1850 and 1900 do not have starboard gunwale storage.

I think that answers your question?

That does, thank you. -)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.