Thoughts on my new 1790T

• rednblack
    Camden Township, MN

I just wanted to let everyone know what my first impressions are of my new Skeeter 1790T.

After almost 20 years of fishing out of 20’ boats, first bass boats and most recently a 2090 Warrior single console with a 225, I decided that at 66 years old, the time had come to slow down and view the world a little differently.

Let me start by saying that Gregg and the crew make Skeeter Boat Center a top shelf dealer – I could not be happier with them – what a great buying experience!

Now the boat – SBC helped me set this boat up as good as it could be – lots of room (both storage and fishing), rod holders and electronics in the right place (and on the right mounts the first time) – handles rough water really well with as dry a ride you could hope for. Center rod locker handles 6’6” rods easily while the side locker takes the 7’ + rods. Front built in tackle storage is something I never thought I would use but after the first week it is really handy.

My last bass boat was an 85 mph Gambler, and the Warrior was a 55 mph cruiser so to go to a 35 mph tiller is different. But heck, at my age, I think I will enjoy seeing things as I travel across the water that I overlooked before.

Dan Martin – “rednblack”
    Waconia, MN

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Lets see some pics, very interested in this boat.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

dude…that is my dream boat. its just plain cruel not to show us some pics…

congrats!

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Hi Dan,

At SBC, we are very lucky to have Gregg and our team. They are all professionals!

We appreciate your business! Glad you are enjoying your new boat. Thanks a million !!

rednblack
    Camden Township, MN

I’m going to try my first photo post.

rednblack
    Camden Township, MN

A few more now that I figured out how to do it.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Beautiful looking boat. I’m looking for a change as well, so have a few questions from a happy owner.
    How long of rods can you store in the boat, and how many? I see the center locker but assume there is something in the sides as well?
    How slow can you move with the big engine for trolling/rigging? Do you need a plate or sock to slow down enough?
    It’s definitely a sweet looking rig…..even MORE pictures would be just great, say with some hatches open, the transom with transducer(s) attached etc.

Thank you…..and happy fishing in that new rig.

Lundgeye

rednblack
    Camden Township, MN

Rod storage is good. 6’6″ fit in the center and I’m sure it would handle 12 or more. The starboard locker holds at least 8′. The rods in the picture are 7′. I think you would only be able to get 4 in there and it might be tight. There is another rod locker port side that I haven’t even tried yet.

I had the transducer glassed in at the factory so nothing hanging off the back – this works really well.

I trolled Sunday at 1.5 – 1.7 without much problem. The motor runs a little rough that slow. I’ll see when I get a few more hours on it if it smooths out.

Plenty of storage in both lockers in the bow.

Hope that answers your questions.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

It all looks very nice, great storage areas. I’ll bet that Yamaha will smoothen out with a few hours on it. Nice touch to have the transducer glassed in. I assume if I installed a Hummer with SI the puck would have to go outside?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

Beautiful looking boat. I’m looking for a change as well, so have a few questions from a happy owner.
    How long of rods can you store in the boat, and how many? I see the center locker but assume there is something in the sides as well?
    How slow can you move with the big engine for trolling/rigging? Do you need a plate or sock to slow down enough?
    It’s definitely a sweet looking rig…..even MORE pictures would be just great, say with some hatches open, the transom with transducer(s) attached etc.

Thank you…..and happy fishing in that new rig.

Lundgeye

I can get 4, 7-8 ft rods in the side lockers with rod socks on in my 1790t.

With rod socks you can put at least twice as many (shorter rods) in the center storage.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.