Sixgill rods and lures

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any one run a sixgill rod. I’m on the debate of ordering one. They have awesome reviews online I’ve just never handled one in person.
    The lures they are putting out are awesome looking as well.
    Just checking if any one has actually used there stuff

CaptainMusky

I bought 2 sixgill rods when they had the BOGO for the Myaka spinning rods. Spent a week last week in Canada fishing walleyes and I really like the 7’2″ for rigging. My son confiscated that rod because he was having a tough time detecting bites because “I was using the best rod” and he started hammering em. Very light and I think especially for the BOGO promotion worth every penny. High quality components for the price.

walldows

I have 3 spinning rods and 2 casting rods on order. I really like how lite the rods are and they have an awesome feel.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just order 2 that are pre order on sale. I’m excited for when they will arrive.

CaptainMusky

I matched my 7’2″ Myakka with an Okuma Ceymar and what a nice setup that is! very well balanced. Drag is silky smooth and that rod itself is just so nicely put together. American Angler guides, etc. Very sensitive and lots of backbone. Now I have to buy more since my son confiscated it from me. -)

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I matched my 7’2″ Myakka with an Okuma Ceymar and what a nice setup that is! very well balanced. Drag is silky smooth and that rod itself is just so nicely put together. American Angler guides, etc. Very sensitive and lots of backbone. Now I have to buy more since my son confiscated it from me. -)

Wish my dad would let me take his rods. I think hed cut my fingers off.

CaptainMusky

Wish my dad would let me take his rods. I think hed cut my fingers off.

-)
    He is only 12 and was having a hard time detecting bites and really had a rat’s nest. I told him to just use my rod while I straightened it out and then he started catching fish like crazy. He said he could actually tell when it was a fish. The thing is, his rod is a decent setup too, but even I had a harder time with it. Its an IM8 blank with a nice Pfleuger reel, but for some reason the SixGill just performed better. ???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.