Single rod case

• Sandman

The guys at DH Custom rods told me to stay away from the tube style of rod holders and get a hardsided case. They were emphatic for noodle rods especially.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Would think tube or hard sided would probably work if not super rough with it. Being a longer rod I’d keep it out of a bucket. Matter of time before it gets caught in something.

Better yet send it over this way and I’ll check what case works best for you.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Yes I have one of those. Haven’t had any issues but I also put a rod sleeve on before I slip it in the tube case. You can actually get 2 combos in there without folding down the reel handle IF you don’t have anything in the side pouches. Otherwise room for some small tackle boxes in the side pouches along with 1 combo inside. I can fit my 36″ rods in there with room to spare. They are kinda nice for day trips and run & gun type stuff.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

I don’t use my atv much, but I have a similar type in a double barrel. The pro is that you can tie this on an atv in the middle and leave the zip open when buzzing around or leaving you rods while jigging and your buddy won’t step on it as opposed to having to tie it down then shut it up like a hard case. If they have a double, I would go for that.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Ended up ordering this…
    Larger case, $90, on sale for $60, got a store credit card that gave me $50, free shipping, like $10 total. Case has velcro inside, would like foam but may be able to add later. Thx

Like the smaller idea…. but I’ll cram all my stuff in this.
    Scheels Outfitters Double Combo Case

Attachments:
    1. 7D900AAB-3BE7-495D-B098-32C70B88D62B.jpeg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.