Side imaging on a pontoon?

• Alex Fox

I’m guessing this topic has been discussed before, but is there any way to mount a ducer on a pontoon so you can actually see both sides of the boat? I’ve scoured youtube and lots of videos on regular fishing boats, but nothing on pontoons. Do I need some kind of special attachment/pole for it? Seems like a lot of people online talk about the motor blocking everything on the port side.

The family cabin has 4 little ones (mine are 3 and 4 years old) at it and all are getting introduced to fishing. I’d like to be able to side scan and mark some fish before I put bobbers in the water for them. I know they need to learn some patience but I’d like to stack the deck in hopes that they might become fisherman and spend time with dad…right now they are happy to be digging in the sand and making smore’s 3x a day )

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You run two transducers. I run two on my boat.
    Regarding how to mount… you’ll want the transducers skimming the water at full plane. Build or buy a bracket if needed.
    Knowing pontoons can see a variety of people weight don’t get too hung up on trying to get the transducers in the perfect spot for skimming the surface as how much your tunes are in the water will vary.

Alex Fox

If you’re running two different transducers I’m assuming one is for down imaging and one is for side imaging? Or one goes out the left and another goes out the right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.