Shout out to Tiny Rodworks !!

• Iowaboy1

I decided after many years of fishing and having cheap crap up to some expensive factory rods I was finally going to have a rod built to my specifications, problem was, my fishing is so generalized I had no clue as to what I truly wanted.
    So I hired Tiny Rodworks here on IDO to build a couple of rods for Sparkles and I, I am sure I about drove him crazy with many questions and I know he drove me nuts asking me questions that I had never heard before concerning fishing poles..

I cringed at the prices but forged ahead with the deal, then it came down to the reel selection,, GOOD LORD ALMIGHTY!!!!
    My poor brain struggled with the choices and dollar amounts, I reached out to Tiny, James here on IDO and several other friends, I was astounded you could easily spend north of 500 smackers for a device who’s sole purpose was to wind the damn string back on the reel after you tried to fling it clean across a lake!!!!
    Well, this old stubborn tight butt bought two Pflueger president extreme xt’s, I gotta tell ya, they are so buttery smooth I cant imagine spending another two hundred would be worth the money and I am very satisfied with the choice I made.

After two hot and humid days and not much to show for it we went out this morning and just put the smack down on the crappie!
    We tossed back two limits of small ones, a few larger ones than what is in the pic, ( biggest was 13-1/4 ), it seemed like we could do no wrong.
    I took my 72 year old bil out later in the day to the same spot to find the crappie were still there six hours later!!
    Mind you, he has never fished with a spinning reel before, I had to teach him that, how to work the bait on the retrieve, etc.
    And it never fails, ya take someone new out and they just have to show your arse up!! that stinker caught two crappie equal to my measly four!! HEY! thats what its all about!! and I loved every second of it watching him do it!

Anyway, back to the rods we had built,,,,,,DANG It!! now I want two more just like it!!!!
    I have owned some very expensive tools in my years that I make a living with but I never once thought about spending good coin believing that a ( fishing pole over 150 bucks ) could be that much different, well folks, this old dog learned a new trick!!!
    My custom rod is so dang sensitive that I felt a fish think about calling me a jerk because in years past they could swim around my boat making fun of me and stealing my offerings and I never knew they were there,sheesh.

Thanks Mike!! if I have to pick up enough popcans to pay for it, you will be building more rods this winter!
    That dadgummed Chuck100 warned me, once you start, it becomes an addiction!!
    Is there a clinic for customroditis???

Attachments:
    1. KIMG1431-scaled.jpg

2. KIMG1430-scaled.jpg

3. KIMG1429-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’d get my money back from Rodworks if I was you.

Them rods aint workin, that batch of fish got no whiskers on em.

Ripjiggen

Guarantee he has never built a bullhead rod to spec..agree I would get my money back jester curious though why the TINY before his IDO name. When did he drop TINY?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Sheldon says, “once you start, it becomes an addiction!!”
    Ha, Ha, You have no idea!

@eelpoutguy
    LOL, love the homor.

Guarantee he has never built a bullhead rod to spec..agree I would get my money back jester curious though why the TINY before his IDO name. When did he drop TINY?

Oh, MY!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

His picture thing shows tiny rodworks

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Nice fish glad the rods worked for you.I warned you so now it’s time to start feeding the addiction.
    Well guys i suppose there will now be a rod tax on our bill from Sheldon.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice fish glad the rods worked for you.I warned you so now it’s time to start feeding the addiction.
    Well guys i suppose there will now be a rod tax on our bill from Sheldon.

Bring him a custom rod for a nice discount

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

His picture thing shows tiny rodworks

Ha makes sense. Guess I never noticed.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Thank you for the nice review Sheldon. I just feel bad I forgot to add “My other rod has balls” on your rod like Sparkles requested. I don’t remember what Zander Krieger meant but I do remember it being better. Don’t feel bad about being out fished. I build Sparkles a nicer rod than you and you were letting your BIL use it. You should have given him your old steel blank Zebco rod you were using before.

When Sheldon asked for a fishing rod I said “well I never made a bullhead rod before.” “Damn you Eelpout, I have never caught a bullhead!” was Sheldon’s response. rotflol

Sheldon and Sparkles, I hope you the rest of your vacation goes well and you catch way more fish. Remember Bullhead possession limit is 100 each.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

What no pictures or info on the rods? You guys are more worried about catfish and Bullheads?

MX1825

Sheldon luckily I have my addiction under control and limited to ice rods. whistling doah

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m glad you and Sparkles found some time to get away and Catch some fish. I know that job keeps you way to busy. Can you catch fish on a off the shelf rod – Yes. Will a custom built rod work better – The answer is also yes. My cousin is always giving me $hit about how much I spend on fishing rods. This is coming from someone who has over 15,000 tied up in a few Bicycle’s. He also always seems to end up with one of my Custom rods in his hands when we fish together.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’d get my money back from Rodworks if I was you.

Them rods aint workin, that batch of fish got no whiskers on em.

rotflol rotflol rotflol awe gawd, thats funny!!!!!!! devil rotflol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.