Shout out to a couple of IDO members

• Iowaboy1

I want to say thanks to Chuck100 and Mx1825 for a great weekend!
    Sparklesonthewater and I took a much needed break from work and spent it in Platteville Wis where we met up with these two rascals for a fun filled weekend.
    They picked us up and proceeded to take us on a very scenic tour of the Wis river and where it meets the mighty Miss between Platteville and PDC.
    I gotta tell ya, we went down and up and down and up and down and up some roads where the elevation varied from 989 feet above seal level down to 201 feet above sea level!!
    I got to thinking about it, if it had been an airplane ride at 120 per I would of been sicker than a dog, thankfully we didnt get much over 20 mph in most places, the only reason I would of gotten sick if it had been an airplane ride was because some of those hills were so steep we dang near hung the truck by its bumpers betwixt hills!!

Guys, growing up in farm country is okay but I certainly missed out growing up on the big river or anywhere north of St Cloud for that matter, the area we got to see was something else and will be remembered for a long time to come.
    What amazed me was that the Wis river was bank full but was not cut deeper than hadies like the little rivers around here, I was also taken aback when there were signs that read: caution, do not wade out, strong current can sweep you away, yet the river was only a hundred feet or so wide and nine feet deep in those places, and you can see how strong the current was.

Deer hunters were out in force, some of them were boating out to small islands in the river to take advantage of deer seeking shelter from the land bound hunters, a few fisherman might have been out but I didnt notice them anchored anywhere.
    The trip brought us to Cassville where we stopped at JJ’s sandbar and restaurant, we grabbed a quick lunch and headed south from there, great bar by the way !!
    And of course we met one of Mx1825 and Chuck’s friend who is a dyed in the wool river rat, I heard a few stories from his day and I will only say that the drive alone was worth hearing them!

We ended the day back at our motel and bade farewell to Mx1825, Mx, thank you sir for your hospitality !! I hope I can repay you very soon!
    That evening we met up again with Chuck and his beautiful other half and headed to a supper club not far away, great bar and even better food!! Country Heights supper club in Hazel Green Wis if you want to go there.
    Too quickly the evening came to an end and once again we said farewell to our fantastic host and hostess, bless you guys !!
    It was a weekend that was overdue and cant wait to go back, may have to do some ice fishing on the Wis river this year!!

Thanks again you two! and thank you to your better half’s for letting you out to do so!!

MX1825

It was a pleasure to be a chauffeur for you and sparkles. It was also a pleasure to put a face to a couple of IDO members. Looking forward to next time. wave

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Your very welcome kids.Maybe next time there will be snow and those hills are much more fun.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Just a little south of my back yard, could have stopped in….. moon

Beatuiful area of the state, makes for a great place just to get out and enjoy life toast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.