Should I buy?

• Brian

Hi guys,
    A friend of mine gave me his old depth finder which is a Humminbird 998c si. It doesn’t come with the transducer or mounting hardware. Is it worth spending the $200 or so for the transducer? I currently only have a helix 5 G2, with no side or down imaging. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Absolutely worth it. Use the Helix 5 for charting and/or 2d sonar. Use the 898 for DI and SI. You won’t regret it.

zooks

Absolutely worth it. Use the Helix 5 for charting and/or 2d sonar. Use the 998 for DI and SI. You won’t regret it.

X2, this is the way to go.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I just picked up a 998 which I am just going to be using for GPS. I have the transducer and all that goes with it. Message me if you want to save some money on the stuff you need.

Brian

Awesome, thanks all! I appreciate the feedback! Good friend indeed.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

No! Since you felt the need to ask tells us you really dont need it. Now that its taking up space at your home, ill gladly take it off your hands fir the price you paid. Ill even pay $100 fir shipping… whistling jester

Without a doubt, worth investing a couple hundred into. Even though its older technology, still a great unit

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

If you’re interested, I think I might have a spare SI transducer that I’d sell to you. Let me check when I get home.

Brian

No! Since you felt the need to ask tells us you really dont need it. Now that its taking up space at your home, ill gladly take it off your hands fir the price you paid. Ill even pay $100 fir shipping… whistling jester

Without a doubt, worth investing a couple hundred into. Even though its older technology, still a great unit

Funny guy! Still have to explain to wifey so, stay tuned…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dont tell how much you are spending. You tell her how much you saved! wave

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Dont tell how much you are spending. You tell her how much you saved! wave

As in; you saved more on this, than she saved on her last pair of shoes. grin

Sylvanboat

I use my old HB 797c and it works great. And I have GPS for marketing ng spots.

Attachments:
    1. image-1.jpeg

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have two SI transducers, I’d be happy to sell you one if you want to save some money off of retail.

Have both the HD SI transducer and the non-HD.

Send me a PM if interested.

Bartman

Buy it! I sold mine to a buddy…..Oh, how I miss it!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.