Short Trolling Rod

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Wore out my Limit Creek short lead core trolling rods time for new ones:

Cabelas Depth Master 5.0′ vs. Peregrine Trollmaster 5.5′?

and go…..

B-man

Wore out? How so?

I have the Peregrine and like it.

Karry Kyllo

I have two Cabela’s Depth Master 5 foot shorties……….no complaints about them at all and the price is definitely right.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Wore out? How so?

I have the Peregrine and like it.

I think the glue in the handle has come undone. The reel (and where it is seated) spins around the main rod. I used electrical tape at the end of the year last year to prevent the spin.

The Limit creeks are good rods and lasted me quite a few years of extremely heavy usage, those rods have caught a ton of fish. Just time to try something different.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have had both. I run the Cabelas 5 footers now, I run those, and two Cabelas 12 footers for a nice spread

Another popular option could be the Scheels Outfitters Leadcore Xtreme Trolling Series 5′ Rod.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I think the glue in the handle has come undone. The reel (and where it is seated) spins around the main rod. I used electrical tape at the end of the year last year to prevent the spin.

[/quote]

Should be able to fix that or have it fixed inexpensively. You can carefully drill a hole in the reel seat. The get some two part epoxy 5 or 30 minute, use a syringe and shoot it into the hole. You could even get some black coloring in the epoxy to make the hole less noticeable.

Or a rod builder could do it for you. If you like the rods, this would be cheaper than new ones.

Tom Hubbard

scheels extreme 5′ rods[/quote]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.