Water Level

• papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Anyone know what the water level is at Sherman. Any problem getting the boat in? I have only made it up there once Iam hoping to get there this weekend. Thanks Jon

djorg
    Central City, NE

We stopped by the marina cove on Tuesday evening on the way to the cabin. The water is four foot below the end of the ramp at the Trade Winds Marina. There were two boat trailers in the parking lot; so some people are able to still use the state ramp. The water is still dropping fast.

We fished at Davis Creek on Wednesday and the water there is probably 25′ below the turn around.

Good fishin’
    jorg

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Geez, this keeps up and you won’t have any water to fish, Jorg!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Is it lower than it was last year? I think I remember only being able to get my boat in on one side of the ramp across from the marina last year.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Quote:

Geez, this keeps up and you won’t have any water to fish, Jorg!

Look out there might be another 1850 Crestliner on your water; I really hate to ram guys when I am trolling.

Hope to continue to fish; it doesn’t look like much is going out.

Good fishin’
    jorg

djorg
    Central City, NE

Quote:

Is it lower than it was last year? I think I remember only being able to get my boat in on one side of the ramp across from the marina last year.

Ben, I’ll be able to tell you more after this weekend. We had planned on fishing Sherman yesterday and today but the wind was too high for crappie fishing. A friend went Wednesday morning and had no problem getting in or out but didn’t catch any crappies on the dam.

Good fishin’
    jorg

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Look out there might be another 1850 Crestliner on your water; I really hate to ram guys when I am trolling.

That would be FINE with me!! I’d love to have you come on down here one of these days! I need to get out on Johnson and see if I can figure out where I might be able to catch fish trolling over there, and sooner or later I would think Elwood will turn on, with the water receeding out of the weeds and the temp getting cooler; I would have to think that would trigger those fish to get out of there. Let me know when you’re headed down and we’ll get something planned with both boats or just hop in with me, and bring Greg and your boards!!

royalflush

Hope to continue to fish; it doesn’t look like much is going out.

Good fishin’
    jorg

Jeeze, any more Crestliners and they are gonna have to add more handicapped parking spaces!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

It is still up from low point last year. Couple more feet though and you won’t be able to say that

djorg
    Central City, NE

Zach have you heard anything about how low they will let it down this year? Everything that I hear is for the lowest of the construction phases.

jorg

shermanator
    Nebraska

They have quit releasing water down the pipe. Buddy said he checked the Farwell Irrigation site. Sherm

djorg
    Central City, NE

Quote:

They have quit releasing water down the pipe. Buddy said he checked the Farwell Irrigation site. Sherm

Sherm …. Have you been up there lately? Still wondering why they need to lower it so low this early.

jorg

shermanator
    Nebraska

I was there about 10 days ago(working) . I would only presume it is sooooo low so that they can get the last of the shoreline work done. I hopefully will be there 18-19 setting and pouring walls to the bunker. Sherm

djorg
    Central City, NE

We fished Sherman on Sunday without much luck. Nine nice crappies, mostly one at a spot. Three short walleyes, a whitebass and a skinny northern fell to trolling methods.

The best information is that at this time both sides of the state boat ramp are still usuable and no water is going out of the lake. Both islands are showing and are 2-3′ out of the water. Water temperature was 63F. Water quality was discolored at best.

Good fishin’
    jorg

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the update Jorg!

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Just finished the floor job in the boat,It turned out to be a chore (for a fat man anyway).I had hoped to make it up to sherman this past weekend but honey do this work on the boat honey do that now the honey does are done the boat is done so ——— Thats right back on the road maybe a couple hours on Harlan in the early morning and then to the west coast. What a deal

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I hope you get some fishin done while you’re in the state, Jon…you deserve it!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.