Little bit of Sherman info

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Got to fish for a little while on Sunday afternoon at Sherman. The water is lower than I expected it to be so I missed the pile fishing this year . There are crappie in the deep trees in 8 and 10. There are aslo still crappie suspended out in open water. As a little extra, I found some eyes off the south east side of the big island but didn’t land a keeper. Good Luck

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the update Zach.

Are they still letting water out? I heard it’s at the same level right now that it was last winter.

I can’t wait to get on the ice up there this winter.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

They are still letting water out. It is above where they dropped it to last year but it won’t be for long the way the water is running out of there.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Ben, I souped up my four wheeler this year and am working out furiously so that I can beat you to some of those better spots this winter. Just hope that we get sufficient ice to allow us the freedom to fish that we had last year.

I’m amazed at the average size of the crappie this year at Sherman. Not the length but rather the girth. Nice fish for once that don’t look like they are starving to death; a real change from this past spring.

Zach, nice to hear that someone could find some walleyes; it’s been at least a month since we have caught any nice ones. Of course the crappie fishing has been awful good. The 9.9 is running and ready for the steady courses of Nebraska football and MA walleyes. Bring on September and October.

Good fishin’ guys
    jorg

shermanator
    Nebraska

I received a report on Tuesday, that the whites were going fast and furious again. Limits were being caught rather fast by the guys that were finding them. Casting and slabs were the presentations. Sherm

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I hear ya on that one, Jorg. I’m gonna be running some gas thru that 15hp Yammy a lot this fall I’m hoping!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.