Mothers Day at Sherman

• shermanator
    Nebraska

The walleye bite is still producing at Sherman (if you like to catch small fish all day). So it was a perfect weekend to let mom R&R at the cabin and get the kids out of her hair for most of the day.

Woke up at 05:30 to get the boat on the water, and dad and I were fishing shortly after 06:00. Got 2 hours of great fishing with right at 24 eyes. Went in to feed the crew and brought the 3 older kids out.

It always sucks waiting for the 1st fish to get caught as the kids are bored. My 3 y/o daughter started us off with a nice 15″ eye on her Taz pole (that’s been a great pole this spring). And from then on it was solid fish until the kids realized they had no been fed for a while. My 7 y/o son got some quality hits learning the method of the tap tap tap and then set the hook. It will hopefully come in handy in 2 weeks up in Canada.

Pretty simple fishing. Casting a floating jig head with a splitshot weight out, tipped with a 1/2 crawler. Sherm

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sounds good, Sherm. I was up there and caught a lot of walleyes too on Thur, Fri, and Sat. I hope to have a report up soon, which will probably be Wednesday. Man I wish I had more time!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the update Sherm. Glad you were able to get the kids on some fish.

Brian, can’t wait to read your report from the crappie tournament.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.