Sherman on Thanksgiving Morning

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I went out for a nice relaxing morning before all the family “stuff” started and the lake looked great. They are still doing a little bit of dirt work around the lake but for the most part they looked to be about done for the winter. The big island is back under water again and there was only about 6″ of the litttle island still out of the water.

I can’t wait to get back out there this spring!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

We’ll have to make a trip up there on the ice. I’ve got some great places in mind to look for some eyes!!! Now we just need it to stay COLD!!! 9 for a low here tonite!!!

djorg
    Central City, NE

Zac, did they get the rock done on the main point between trails 8 and 10? Last time I was there they were working way down in 8.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

That is where they were still doing some work. It looked like they had the better part of the dirt work done but they have not moved any rock in yet.

djorg
    Central City, NE

How far have they let the water come back up? You said that the little island is still showing slightly. Hopefully there is 8-10 feet of water back in 8 so that we can catch some crappies this winter.

I thought that it was rather peculiar, some of the places that they worked this fall and how far they actually dropped the lake. It seemed to hurt the fall bite as far as I was concerned. Especially the white bass and walleye bite. I don’t know what happened there.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

The old tree line back in 10 is in 10′ of water and you are right on with the white bite this fall, it sucked!! But I think that was due to the huge amount of forage in the lake rather than the lake level. The lake is at winter pool so the ice fishing should be just fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.