Lucky Horseshoe!

• todders
    Shoreview, MN

Seriously, I am not creative enough to make this stuff up . Last weekend I was at the cabin and it was time to find some more sheds. I have been out a few times since Ben and I stumbled on some great finds with zero luck . I had a full day and was not going home until I found at least 1. After 5 or 6 hours of walking with nothing to show I was preparing a post in my head to ask for help about walking speed, gridding an area and how carefully to search every inch of the ground with your eyes? I still need some insight in those areas but everything changed in the middle of my last destination plot!

Something caught my eye to my left and there it was, my new lucky horseshoe! I didn’t really think of the symbolism of a horseshoe until 20 minutes later when I found a matched set laying within 10 feet of each-other ! They are not large or heavy but still gave me a good feeling and reminded me to stay positive. Those were the only sheds for the weekend but I also received a phone call within an hour of finding the horseshoe that our offer was accepted on a home in Shoreview with a backyard full of deer scat .

Watch out deer, turkey and elk…I am going to work as hard as ever and stick this horseshoe somewhere to keep it close !

I am also starting to wonder if just killing deer for food is no longer enough for the predators in my area I have no idea what happened here but I would not be surprised if there was some ritualistic, cult or sacrificial ceremony these predators or starting to play with . Might just have to pull out the .223 and give that a try sooner than later .

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome news on the house buddy!!! I can’t wait to get up there this weekend.

bobbergeson

Congrats on the finds and more importantly on the house Good luck and keep us posted

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Congrats on the finds and more importantly on the house Good luck and keep us posted

X2 congrats

shednut
    22 feet up

Congrats on the finds! Not everyday you find a horseshoe and make good use of it right away Congrats on the house too, that’s exciting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.