Shed #8 and 9

• lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Trailer brakes are a big plus. I’d definitely opt for them. A tandem trailer is nice if you make long hauls but probably not necessary.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Lenny naled it. Brakes not a must unless hauling with a light tow vehicle, but are nice to have. I have surge brakes on my boat trailer and I am still up in the air about them they are great 99% of the time. Our horse trailer has the in cab controller that I can adjust to road conditions, where the boat on slippery icy roads can get away from me.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I was a little bummed when I found my trailer was a tandem trailer, at first, now, I wouldn’t trade it, too often I find myself moving it into really tight spots, and by hand, and I know the tandem trailer are much tougher to manuver.

I also have surge brakes on my trailer, the first time I had a chance to trailer the boat I got to test the brakes out, I’ll tell you they really work nice Personally I’ll have them on any trailer of mine, I see it as a safety issue, and last I checked my Ford isn’t going to win any stopping contest, without a trailer…

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Not much maintainence is needed on trailer brakes although I had to replace the master cylinder on mine once. If you get air or water in the lines you have to bleed them but that is rare.

One thing to keep in mind about a tandem trailer is that you have 4 hubs and 4 tires to maintain/replace instead of 2 as is the case with a traditional trailer.

scottsteil
    Central MN

In my opinion Tanden Trailers ride much better than a single axel. They also don’t sink in as bad at the access. Although, with your boat, a single will be most likely what you will get.

As for brakes, they are a huge plus, especially if you have a small tow vehicle. You may need to add break fluid if they start “clunking” but other then that there is not a lot to do. One trailer I had to have service bleed the air out of the lines but other than that, there is very little service needed and the benefits are nice

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

My dad and I (and Gunner) went out shedding for a few hours last night. I took them to a spot that was full of snow beds a month ago. As we were getting close to the hotspot, I reminded him, ‘we are almost there’. About 10 more steps and I saw what could’ve been a shed at the base of a cedar tree, which was near my dad’s path. I walked a little closer, then called out ‘SHED!!!!’. He had been looking at the same spot and just missed calling it out. We ended up calling that one a tie. Unfortunately the tree rats beat us to it, making it my first ABC shed of the season (Already Been Chewed).

We walked for a little longer before my dad headed back to the truck, leaving Gunner and I to walk home. I then went to the cedar patch where I found the 60+ incher earlier this year. This was my 4th day looking in this patch (first without snow). Not 15 yards from where I found my big shed, I spotted the second shed. I couldn’t believe I had missed it so many times, but to my credit, it may have been completely buried in the snow. It has a very long main beam, so I figured it was the match. NOT. After I compared it to the big shed at home, I realized it’s a different buck. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to go back again!

I would like to thank my dog for the company and for claiming the second shed. Someday he will find one himself…someday!

lick

Great day with some good company Congrats

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Your dog looks angry.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Great job!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great report and pics! Congrats!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Congrats RR! That’s a nice one. I have a feeling this forum will light up a little in the next 2 weeks.

shednut
    22 feet up

Awesome finds! It’s nice to match them up but for the sake of staying motivated nothing beats finding large singles Congrats

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Quote:

Congrats RR! That’s a nice one. I have a feeling this forum will light up a little in the next 2 weeks.

I sure hope so. I have two places in Buffalo Co to check. Get after them

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.