Wow, thought my luck was changing

• arklite881south

WOW!! Those are some good deals! I just got off the lake, and knocked the walleyes dead AGAIN on those paddletails. Wow I can’t believe I hadn’t fished them before. Biggest was a modest 24 inches, but lots of nice fish including a few small enough for supper.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

So the last 3 day’s my routine was getting up at 6:00 am, making coffee and turning on the tv and watch the deer feeding in the picked cornfield across from my driveway. The last 3 mornings there had been a decent 10 point out there eating about the same exact time along with some does and smaller bucks. I had watched him yesterday for about 45 minutes untill he figured it was getting light enough where he better head for the woods so off he went. I had seen this deer on and off through out the summer and into fall when he made himself scarce.Now with all the snow he has made it a routine to hit that picked corn next to me. Well, this morning was no different, get up, make coffee and wait for enough lite to see what was in the cornfield. As it got light I could see a big bodied deer in about the same place he has been the last 3 mornings. Sure enough when it got light I glassed him, only thing different this morning was he was missing his left side.So, okay, he dropped it since yesterday morning and was thinking right away where I would look for it, over in the cedar thicket where he has been commiming out of.So i continue watching him feed, looks right at me and knew it was the same 10 point I have been watching the last 3 days.He gets behind an Elm tree for a couple of minutes and can’t really see him the best, then he gets on the snowmowbile trail which had just been groomed and starts trotting for the cedar thicket. As he cleared the Elm tree and got in the open again and to my disbelief he was antlerless!!! I thought, okay, he got on that trail and started trotting, that antler has to be on the snowmobile trail. Soooo, I slip on my boots and jacket, run out to my sled, fire it up and i am off. I get over there and as plain as day there his right side antler was right on the trail. I thought my luck was finally changing as everything I owned has been breaking down and costing big $$$$$. I was happy as a lark untill my ride to work ended up in calling a tow truck and having my truck hauled in foe a $650.00 repair after I just got it back from the dealer costing me $2900.00. Oh well, life goes on and the shed still makes me smile when I look at it. Here is a couple of pics. Sorry for the long post but it has been a day and then some.

lick

One of the coolest shed finding stories I have ever read

Congrats and sorry about your bad luck

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

AWESOME. I think you’ve just described one of my life’s dreams. Way to go!

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

That’s the way I’d like my coffee to go every morning. Nice find!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing story and Congrats on the shed!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking, now go get the match!!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking, now go get the match!!

Amen . Congrats on a good one

coppertop
    Central MN

What a cool scenario! You just lived a shed hunters dream!

shednut
    22 feet up

That’s awesome! They don’t get any fresher than that

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Very cool story. Now as stated, lets see a picture of the left side shed!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

dont have to worry about the mice on that one!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great story and congrats!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.