Running years from the same bucks

• shednut
    22 feet up

In years past I’ve only managed to find a few sheds from the same deer in successive years. last night I was looking at my season’s finds and I thought I recognized the 4 point that I found yesterday. I thought I had a feed sack with my 09′ finds in my basement….couldn’t find my 09′ stash but I checked my finds from 08′ and sure enough I had found the same side from this buck in 08′. Rummaging through a stack upstairs I also managed to find the same side from 09′. So now I have three years running and multiple trail cam pics from this buck. He doesn’t have squat going on in the antler department(grew from 100″ 2 y.o. to 110″ 3 y.o.), but I thought it was cool none the less. That got me started really looking at everything I’ve found and I came up with another year to year match. I actually found this “shed” on November 2nd while walking to my stand. It had been busted off right down to the pedicle. He certainly made a nice jump from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 and will be exciting to watch grow.

Have any of you guys been able to watch a deer grow through the sheds you’ve found?

lick

Cool stuff shednut

I’m lucky to find any shed let alone ones from the same buck year to year

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Cool stuff shednut

I’m lucky to find any shed let alone ones from the same buck year to year

Me too
    Nice sheds

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Good job Shed

coppertop
    Central MN

Now that’s cool. Personally I have never found the same bucks consecutive antlers but know of people who have. Thanks for sharing! btw- this is already tough enough.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

You got to love it! Thanks for sharing.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Cool beans!
    So when you say you were going through years past sheds…..Do you have a lifetime shed count?

shednut
    22 feet up

Quote:

Cool beans!
    So when you say you were going through years past sheds…..Do you have a lifetime shed count?

Walleye,
    I’ve never totaled them all up, but I’d guess that I have somewhere between 150-170 total….lots of little dinks make up the bulk of them though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.