First one of the year

• swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Happens every year. I start hearing of other people finding sheds and I start getting the itch to go. Well today was a perfect day. I got out of work early and drove home and headed for the woods. I walked through fields and stageing areas only to find one little one. I think it is a little early yet.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats! The first one is always the hardest one!

A couple of my buddies are starting to find them. I’ve also seen two big sheds from this year – one scoring 72 3/8 inches and another going 74 2/8 inches!

Sorry no pics…

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I am on the biggest drought of my shed life. I found one Dec 26 and have not gotten one since. I did almost smoke on wide, short tined 10pt on Saturday morning with my car. I bet he would have dropped his antlers then!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Brad, I’m still kicking myself for not having a camera this weekend.

What about the one (ded deer) the Iowa boys found…

I went out yesterday and looked for about 1.5 hours and found NADA. Rufus loved the exercise though.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I agree Lip – you were pretty stupid for not bringing your camera or mine for that matter…

The IA typical shed buck was a monster and many experts say it would have scored over 230 inches!

Keep on shed hunting Lip and when you get done, come help me!

lick

good work swimmin still quite a bit of snow in the woods here and still chasing fish instead of sheds all in do time i guess

coppertop
    Central MN

A shed is a shed in my book! Congrats!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.