Share your best matched set

• coppertop
    Central MN

Thought I’d start a thread for shed hunters to show off their greatest finds past and present. I’ll start off with the only 2 matched sets I’ve found and the happen to be my 4 largest antlers. I about when I found the first set as the chews are extensive but it still has 15 scoreable points. They happen to be laying within sight of each other. The other are my first 2 sheds ever a great 9pt, as you can see I found the match too late Sorry, I should have put something in for reference.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice matching sets Coppertop! Found this matching set on Labor Day weekend last year. They both scored around 66 inches. Gross score would be around 150″ (if the inside spread was 18 inches).

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Copper, those bases in the middle picture are thick! Any idea what they measured?

Grifter, i remember you posting those sheds last year

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’ll post my set on Sunday night. Plan on finding them on Sat Morning!

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

When it comes to finding big matching sets I am not lucky. Usually I find one side and thats it. I think this is my best set.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Now we are talkin’ Always great to see these treasures of the woods! Here is one of my better sets, he had the matching droptine but broke it off Found these laying on top of one another in a CRP field in SW Wisconsin.

Keep em’ coming guys

Randy – you must have giant squirrels in your area

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Here is another set with really good mass, I saw this deer while I was shed hunting a 200 acre block of woods and decided to back out for about a month so I didnt spook him out of there…..I went back and couldnt find them. The next year I ended up finding them 40 yards from where I had walked at least 3 times, luckily the rodents didnt chew them to pieces.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice drop tine find Mark

big G

coppertop
    Central MN

Mark, I’m in awe on the QUALITY of your finds, some real trophies! Swimingjig, Great looking set and some dandies there too Thanks everyone for sharing!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I didn’t think the mass on that matched 8 was that big mark until i picked up my coke can and looked at the bottom of it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.