Dead buck

• Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Posting this for a buddy of mine. This buck was found on Easter Sunday near Menahga. 9 pointer – 18 inches inside.

What a shame – he would have been really nice this fall!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

That is ashame…I agree with you Grifter…Any Ideas on how it may have died? Fur still looks pretty good…eyes appear to be gone so it probebly died not too long ago. Vehicle maybe?

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Thanks Brad – for posting this picture. This spot up near Managha we have been doing food plots and QDM for the last 5 years…most of the bucks that we have seen were small 8’s, under 125. We have been controlling the doe to buck ratio’s so to see more quality bucks. My buddy Mick owns this property, he was on a walk on his property with his dog “Pepsi”, all of a sudden the dog got wind of the deer and start pawing at it, Mick thought it was probably shot by a neighbor during the end of the 2007 season and died on his property. He obtained a DNR permitt for this buck, we dropped it off today at the Taxidermist to do a european mount. The taxidermist thought it should gross in the 140’s. It’s sad that the deer had to go that way, on the other hand, it is great to see what QDM will do if you let me grow up!!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That is a big bummer! Nice set to find though!

lick

what ashame woulda been a stud this fall

coppertop
    Central MN

At least he was found by your friend and not the tree rats! Bitter sweet sorta!

balexander667

poor thing. he would have been a nice one to get.

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I know the feeling. I have found a few myselfe over the years. I sit and think to myselfe what could have happened. Here is a couple of pictures of the biggest ones that I have found. We are working on the house, that is why they aren’t hanging up right now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.