September Full Moon.

• superdave
    NE IA

Did anybody try last night? Heading up this weekend. Any reports are welcome. Thanks

ryan hunt

Fishing was good overall. They are still in transition in my opinion and it should only get better. Found fish in 8 to 20 fow Saturday. Did fish shallow 8 to 10 fow Saturday pulling husky jerks. Water temps (surface) were 63 to 64 everywhere we were. Couple notes, all fish in the 8 to 10 fow were smaller, 13 to 16 inchers, good to see the lake loaded with those. All bigger fish 20 to 26 inches were caught in the morning and late afternoon in the 14 to 20 fow. As temps continue to drop everything should continue to move shallow. Lake is absolutely loaded with fish. Every fish was caught on the back treble hook. Changed colors around, styles of cranks, varied speeds, didn’t matter they all were hooked on the back treble for some odd reason. We were on the west side all day.

Zander Nordby
    Inactive

Did anybody try last night?

I highly doubt it.

I got out before getting blown off shortly thereafter the second day in a row. Yesterday’s average wind speed is only a hair over 10mph because the morning was relatively calm. It wasn’t until about 4pm that the sustained 17mph winds with gusts of 23mph started and continued late into the night….certainly well past 10pm. Only got a little over a quarter inch of rain though on the bright side. Sunday the wind was straight out of the East and gusts hit 25mph at the Brainerd airport….so
    I’m guessing a reading of over 30mph would have been fairly easy on most areas of the ML. I drove a little farther than I normally do to launch and fish on the East side…still got blown off. Did manage five which in hindsight has become more and more surprising to me with how far my set up was to anything even remotely described as, “desirable.”

Attached data is NOAA (aka “real”) meaning it was taken at the Brainerd Airport….a place with a lot more stuff on the surrounding countryside to slow down the wind a bit than out on what the French named and is pronounced, “Meal-ly Lah-ch-ch-s”

[Random Off-Tangent Rant Warning]

FYI to anyone that doesn’t already know this whom also gets why signs that read “ATM Machine” are retardedly stupid:

Lacs = Lake

Therefore:

Lake Mille Lacs = Lake Mille Lake = Stupid

The second largest lake entirely with Minnesota’s borders is Mille Lacs….just Mille Lacs…..now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180925-043005_Chrome.jpg

Pete S

@zander, could do w/out the “retard” reference

thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.