Sell extra flasher or keep?

• mrpike1973

Just got a Helix 5 have 2 vexilars me and the wife only, should I keep the other flasher for guests? It pains me when I take others out or a group and someone just stares down the hole. Money is not the object here it’s paid for. Or should I just unload it while I can.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Depending on how many times its more than just you and your wife, I would keep it. Especially if you have any grandkids or kids that might tag along in the near future.

bigpike

Youve already answered your question. Keep it. It’s a great way to show some green horns the sport. I wish I had three to my current two as a third comes in handy when I take more than out.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Yep.. I would keep them too… keep the battery as fresh as you can…the flasher will way outlast the batteries !!

Bring on the ice !!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I sold mine, then bought it back 2 years later. You have 3, so I might let one go, but like you said, paid for so it would be a tough rescission for me too.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

If you sold 1 how much would you ask ? I have a young guy just getting into ice fishing and is looking for a flasher. Thanks Glenn

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Keep it Pike. You can sell it at any point, even with the trend now going away from flashers I still think they will always sell.

hnd

i regret selling a few flashers that i have. i have 2 flashers, a humminbird lcd, and a panoptix now and when i take people out sometimes thats not enough!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Just sold a Vex FL8-SLE. Didn’t see the need for me to have 3 units. I have an older bird with GPS and an FL 28. 99 times out of 100 everyone I go with has their own unit.

Alex Fox

I keep 2 just for myself. One for the hole I’m fishing, and another for the tip ups. Makes life so much easier. And for the occasion when someone is with that doesn’t have one, we’re covered.

Zack Shack Guy

I always bring 2 with me, mainly because I am paranoid that one will stop working, and don’t want to be stuck without a flasher. Plus, it’s nice to have an extra one in case someone with you does not have one, or theirs stops working as well.

The Pessimist

Last year, I purchased the Helix 7. The purchase was made primarily to run Lakemaster in the winter. I like using the sonar as well. I did not sell my flashers. There are certain situations where I prefer the flasher. More importantly, I like to have back up units. A few years ago I went on a long weekend trip. A friend broke his flasher on the first day. His trip was basically over since we were targeting finicky panfish. I usually go to Canada at least once per winter and bring three sonar units.

hnd

I always bring 2 with me, mainly because I am paranoid that one will stop working, and don’t want to be stuck without a flasher. Plus, it’s nice to have an extra one in case someone with you does not have one, or theirs stops working as well.

we’ve taken 2 trips where 1 flasher crapped out on one of us (both times it was due to us breaking them). we finally had it and found a cheap vx1p that is always there just in case.

Sylvanboat

Sell it and use proceeds to buy other tackle. No brainer to me. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Johnny B Goode

If anyone has one they would let go for cheaper please shoot me a message. I mostly fish the Mississippi so never grew up with them but I decided I want to try one this year (going on a lake trip). Looking to pay around $150. Younger kid and the budget is tight haha.

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.