Seems excessive

• Red Eye

I was doing some final rod rigging in the basement. Got done and grabbed my tackle bag to carry it out to the garage. Seemed kinda heavy so I threw it on the bathroom scale. And this is after I pulled about a pound of bottom bouncers out. A bit excessive I think. It’s a sickness.

Attachments:
    1. E466EDFD-67DA-4BE5-A09D-B6405B473D61-scaled.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Excessive?
    That’s just not in the IDO vocabulary.

robby
    Quad Cities

You are just fine.

Coletrain27

Hope you have a dually diesel to haul that to the lake

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

A bit excessive I think.

Not until the decimal point moves to the right one more column. yay

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unless ice fishing, then you need a super duper lithium battery to save 2 lbs

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/72/02/D23FF70E-07C8-4F0D-9FBA-ED52EC9C5329/IMG_4614.jpeg

Deuces

I have one tackle box in the work van for @rodwork I think weighs close to the same.

B-man

Seems a bit light? Must be in kilograms jester

gimp

You are good! just never know what your going to need when fishing, so keep everything with you.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

In my opinion you travel rather light! At least for me anyway.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

You need to get out shopping that’s seem a little light.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have multiple tackle bags. All similar to that. Then I never use any of it

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have one tackle box in the work van for @rodwork I think weighs close to the same.

That one has a little weight for just a single 3700 box.

Last time I weighed my big musky box it came to 68 lbs. Get another bag if you are worried about throwing your shoulder out lifting it into the boat. The heaver the bag the harder it is to steal. That is why fat kids never get kidnap.

ThunderLund78

Had the same issue and I finally buckled-down and downsized – BIG TIME. I mainly fish out of the small cabin boat or kayak now so not having the big 30lb + bag is awesome. It’s amazing what you can get in a very small, soft-sided, 4 tray bag. I still keep a bigger box with extra terminal tackle, and some more specialty items such as bottom bouncers/spinner rigs (don’t do a lot of that fishing these days unless I head up north on a special trip), River/bottom fishing, and muskie lures. But the small box is the only thing that comes in the boat with me and it’s awesome how much more room and less hassle I have.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

AND then there is my Brother. He brings:

5 yellow jigs (edit- & minnows)
    forceps
    clippers
    hand towel
    & a rope stringer.

AND boy does he catch the Walleyes. He uses 14′ row boat with a 6hp and a 10# back anchor to find the rock bars. Zero electronics.

Attachments:
    1. oct21-scaled.jpg

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I once did that to my very small tackle bag and it weighed 28 lbs. No wonder I was working a sweat walking to my fishing spot. Not sure what I got going on now, but I know that I’ve began to carry more tools like multiple pliers, knives, and even a hand saw. Those times when getting snafu tangled up with underwater structure or low tree limbs.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

even a hand saw. Those times when getting snafu tangled up with underwater structure or low tree limbs.

Never thought of that. May not be a bad idea to throw one in the boat.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I think this is the first time in IDO history that the words “seems excessive” have ever even been used.

If you’ll excuse me now I’m going back out to my giant heated an air condition pole building to organize one of the walk in closets on my new 34 foot walleye boat.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I think this is the first time in IDO history that the words “seems excessive” have ever even been used.

Unless the topic is related to fish harvest….

Then it be like…

If you’ll excuse me now I’m going back out to my giant heated an air condition pole building to organize one of the walk in closets to get my one 14″ walleye out of my new 34 foot walleye boat.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Woofda…that’s a lot.

Maybe I am just a terrible excuse for a fisherman, but I don’t carry that much with on most outings.
    I generally have my tackle organized in my garage and from there grab out what I need in trays for each trip (for local outings on the river). Depending on the targeted species, time of year, and tactics, I can sometimes get by with just a few trays in the boat at a time. If I am going on a longer trip someplace that isn’t local, that’s when everything but the kitchen sink comes with.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Woofda…that’s a lot.

Maybe I am just a terrible excuse for a fisherman, but I don’t carry that much with on most outings.
    I generally have my tackle organized in my garage and from there grab out what I need in trays for each trip (for local outings on the river). Depending on the targeted species, time of year, and tactics, I can sometimes get by with just a few trays in the boat at a time. If I am going on a longer trip someplace that isn’t local, that’s when everything but the kitchen sink comes with.

Well that’s the same for me. I’m not hauling it all around at one time unless I’m out of town

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.