Seeking Electronics layout input for new tiller

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

A couple years back my wife and I bought a cabin, then a pontoon and I’ve noticed my fishing has really changed big time. Rather than taking many extended weekend trips to larger bodies of water, I’m finding myself fishing more near the cabin on smaller lakes and day trips rather than weekend getaways. It no longer made sense to have the big fishing boat, so I’m in the process of changing to an 18 FT tiller. I’m trying to figure out how to rig the tiller, but really struggling with ideas and second guessing myself so I thought I’d gather some thoughts from the IDO community. I’ve got 2 networkable Helix 10’s with a MSI ducer, a networkable Helix 7, and I’m planning on adding a 10 inch Garmin with livescope. Any idea which units to put where and why? The Livescope is the biggest question for me. Do I want it on the trolling motor, or more mobile to move it around the boat?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

For starters, is the livescope transducer capable of being mounted on the bow mount? Some of these ducers are quite large and the only location they can be mounted in on the transom.

Deuces

That’s enough electronics for 2 boats no wonder you have a headache fitting it all on.

Once you figure out how you fish it should figure itself out. Backtroll alot? Up on the deck casting? Always in the back on ipilot? Etc etc.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

That’s enough electronics for 2 boats no wonder you have a headache fitting it all on.

Once you figure out how you fish it should figure itself out. Backtroll alot? Up on the deck casting? Always in the back on ipilot? Etc etc.

The tiller thing will be all new to me, so not real sure how I will mainly fish, but I’d guess half up on the deck pitching and the other half in the back either dragging something slow or trolling. I don’t plan to backtroll at all.

Deuces

Whats your bow TM gonna be?

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

The tiller thing will be all new to me, so not real sure how I will mainly fish, but I’d guess half up on the deck pitching and the other half in the back either dragging something slow or trolling. I don’t plan to backtroll at all.

I wouldn’t completely rule it out; one of the biggest advantages with a tiller rig is how easily they back troll (when necessary).

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

TM will be an Ultera. I’m thinking two HB 10’s at the driver station. One for side imaging, etc and the other for GPS. Put the HB7 at the bow connected to the MDI on the Ultera and keep the garmin plus livescope portable to move around in the boat to where it’s needed at any given time. Anyone see any holes in this plan?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

After 2 months you will spend 90% of your time in the drivers chair.

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

After 2 months you will spend 90% of your time in the drivers chair.

Yep!
    I loved fishing the bow when I had a wheel boat! Now I live in MY chair!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.