Sebile Vibratos

• papaperch

Last October wife picked up a few of these for my b-day present. Didn’t think much of them on initial sight. After using one season. I must say I was more than impressed. Using the 1/8 oz and 1/4 oz crappie and walleye seemed to love them. I thought perhaps the 1/8 oz would destroy yellow perch. To be fair didn’t get a chance last year to get to my favorite perch spots.

Even with that managed to snag a few perch. Anyone using these for a go to perch lure ? As a side note work them like almost any vertical jigging lure. I.e. sonars , rippin raps, slab raps….

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have some and used them. The big key to them is not to over work the lure.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I bought one, last season but didn’t use it. It’s on my list to play around this season too.

SW Eyes

I’ve hammered walleye on LOW with vibratos. Granted, they were aggressively going after a lot of different stuff, so who knows.

I’ve had some success with them open water vertical jigging.

The poster above is correct, the issue is overworking them. They are very similar to a rippin rap in that you’ll get a lot of feedback from the rod (massive vibration). You can almost hear it above the water. It’s all about hitting that sweet spot where you aren’t so aggressive that you’re spooking or turning off fish.

It’s a hard one to develop confidence with. It took a couple times before I didn’t feel like I was wasting my time with it.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

SW Eyes, What size Vibratos are you using?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.