searching for topics

• Steve M

I’m a new member and I have a question. Typically, in forums you can do a search for a topic so people don’t ask and answer the same questions over and over. Am I missing it here?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Very top right of page has a magnifying glass. Mouse over and it expands to a text box. Click on it and type away

Steve M

Thanks, Randy! I actually did that, but noticed it took me to a Google search. That threw me off. I was thinking there would be a search engine specifically within this forum and not the whole web. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Steve

Sharon
    SE Metro

While the magnifying glass search does take you to Google, it isn’t searching the whole web – just the IDO site but utilizing Google’s search engine features. In the example photo below, I searched for the word “recipe” and it brings up results from IDO posts about recipes.

Attachments:
    1. Example.jpg

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

If you search for a topic in that search bar it does do a google search, but you will notice that all of the results are within this web site / Forum. It’s not searching the entire web, just this website.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

just dont enter BK and speedos in the same search!!!!!!:???: blush devil rotflol sorry!!!!!!!!! crazy

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Oh jez! doah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.