Seadoo Pontoon=cute?

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

thats crazy…what next are they gonna come up with!!!!!!!! coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think you’ll see the movable modular design ideas they are bringing forward copied by all pontoon manufacturers in the future though…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I have tried everything and cannot attach a photo of it even though its on my desktop. Sorry you all have to follow the link.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Kinda cool…maybe good for a small family. Gotta be easier to store than other pontoons.

Plus it comes with a garmin so I’m in.

Coletrain27

Here’s a picture. Seems goofy with handlebars instead of a steering wheel

Attachments:
    1. 29B287B4-5415-41B2-A4B6-2E9A90EF09CA.jpeg

2. BA22890A-D274-4F32-8FEE-9BD6525AC7AA.jpeg

3. 14C260EA-2F12-4750-B707-9657F987C4FD.jpeg

uninc4709

Yeah, seems like 95% of pontooners typically just put at 3mph… I get the “fun” factor with the bars but seem like a turnoff for a lot of folks.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

I agree. I was envisioning hand on the throttle at all times, but it appears they have cruise control. I still would like to see a jetski built into it. Anchor and let the kids go for a ride. Two toys, one trailer.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

What’s the actual length? All I saw for length was “compact”

Mr. Derek
    NULL

What’s the actual length? All I saw for length was “compact”

They have models from 13′ to 21′

Deuces

Most things worth riding hard has some handlebars on it.

Think it will fit a good niche out there. I’d be curious to where and how the engine sits and how well it controls.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Most things worth riding hard has some handlebars on it.

Think it will fit a good niche out there. I’d be curious to where and how the engine sits and how well it controls.

I’m with Beads….there is a niche for this and I think the handlebars are a cool differentiator.

Like I mentioned above, probably not for people who want a traditional “cruise” around pontoon. But, if you have a small family and want a good tubing and recreational option this is better than buying a small ski boat.

CaptainMusky

I still would like to see a jetski built into it. Anchor and let the kids go for a ride. Two toys, one trailer.

That is an interesting idea actually. Drive the jetski into it. It propels the pontoon, then back it out and cruise around on the jetski. It would be another way to move more PWCs.

TH

Looks like your PWC crashed into my paddle boat.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

That is an interesting idea actually. Drive the jetski into it. It propels the pontoon, then back it out and cruise around on the jetski. It would be another way to move more PWCs.
    [/quote]

There is a boat version out already, but it would be awesome to see it integrated with the pontoon.

queenswake
    NULL

I give them credit for coming up with a new idea in boats. And not surprising they would try to tap into the popular pontoon market. Like others, I do like the configurable seating. Pontoons have basically been the way they are now since they were invented — furniture screwed into the floor. It would give you a lot more options for different style of boating to be able to swap out configurations. Although in reality, I wonder how many people will actually do it. Have to store the extra seats somewhere and they are probably expensive.

I wonder if they will offer a steering wheel attachment to the handlebars. Half the time when I’m driving my pontoon, I have one hand on the wheel.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Half the time when I’m driving my pontoon, I have one hand on the wheel.

It’s hard to drink a beer with both hands on the wheel. toast

ThunderLund78

I looks like the outer pontoons don’t extend down as far as the center hull and would probably only be in the water at slower speeds. But I’d like to see it do a quick turn with maybe a little bit of chop? I would think it could dig in pretty hard and possibly send some passengers flying.

Put a trolling motor mount on it (maybe it has that option?) I could see this being a fun fishing platform for a couple people.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ll lobby a pretty significant wager that these struggle to catch on.

First, some are sharing them as a “cheaper option” than performance tritoons. Sure they may be cheaper than some, but I’m showing the 21′ model with the 230hp coming in at $44k before taxes, titling, trailer, etc. That for sure will be low $50k’s out the door.

I think the fear of buying a first generation of anything is legitimate. I’d wait at least a couple years to see how these hold up. Modular furniture and things are unique and probably very marketable, but if driven aggressively on rough water are going to be subject to issues.

I like innovation and pushing ideas outside the box, but this just doesn’t seem like a long-term winner. Best of luck to those scrubbing to keep the “cool clear panels” in the rails clean shock

djshannon
    Crosslake

Is this a jet propelled tri from the 80’s

Cody Meyers

All I can see is the greatest catfishing vessel for the river that has ever been produced. A wide open jet drive boat with seats that can come out? Factory bimini top? I assume these draft fairly shallow and are tough just like a PWC. Frick, just add a rod rack and I’m in heaven. About the only thing better would be if they could move the console to the center and slide it forward.

If they did that I’d consider selling my Alumacraft.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

First, some are sharing them as a “cheaper option” than performance tritoons. Sure they may be cheaper than some, but I’m showing the 21′ model with the 230hp coming in at $44k before taxes, titling, trailer, etc. That for sure will be low $50k’s out the door.

Having been to a boat show this summer that’s a bargain at $50k. I’m not saying that isn’t a lot of money. If it’s a buyer for a new pontoon and they are comparing prices this could sell a few units. Couldn’t believe how easy it was to see 6 figures on the price tags for tri toons

TH

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The 22 ft with enclosure would be great for camping in voyageurs. No prop to hit rocks.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’d like to go on a river cruise with Mr Beads and case of white claws on this this. Cruise by the St Paul yacht club real slow and see if we could pickup a couple stragglers.

Deuces

Cruise by the St Paul yacht club real slow and see if we could pickup a couple stragglers.

Bringing my dino suit. Chicks dig a short arm with a thick neck. toast

Sharon
    SE Metro

jester

Attachments:
    1. merica.jpg

Deuces

My suit allows a fella to pound some claws still with some dinopower between the legs toast

lol

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.