Sea deck foam

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I’m trying to put a foam surface on the dry box and cooler of my raft but finding it crazy expensive. Sea deck comes highly recommended as something non slip and holds up to decent abuse but it is $159 retail a sheet. Is there anything cheaper out there that lasts?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

How much do you need? I assume you want something glued down, correct? I replaced the snap-in carpet in my boat with a “miner’s moss” extruded vinyl last year, and I really like it, but I don’t know that you could glue it down.

Maybe check out a floor mat supplier for something cheaper that would work?

I’ve used: https://www.americanfloormats.com/

Seadeck is nice, but like you mentioned, you pay a premium for it!

Attachments:
    1. 20210502_085135-scaled.jpg

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

It has to be able to stick to aluminum and cooler plastic. I need a 40″ x 16″ and a 40″ x 18″.

It very much needs to be non slip and hold up to people walkimg on it while carrying stuff, having straps tightened across it, sand, etc.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I replaced the snap-in carpet in my boat with a “miner’s moss” extruded vinyl last year, and I really like it, but I don’t know that you could glue it down.

That looks great Ralph! Can’t even tell where all the White Claws and Axe Body spray spilled on there! (cuz it’s a wakeboat whistling jester )

Ripjiggen

What about a workout treadmill mat. They seem pretty non slip and you can get at any local hardware. Probably stuck with black however.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

It has to be able to stick to aluminum and cooler plastic. I need a 40″ x 16″ and a 40″ x 18″.
    It very much needs to be non slip and hold up to people walkimg on it while carrying stuff, having straps tightened across it, sand, etc.

Yeah, understood. The problem with Seadeck is that it is marketed for high $$$ boats, so they charge up the wazoo for it. I’d be looking for a similar material that isn’t marketed towards boats and an adhesive that is compatible.

In my case, what I bought and installed is very similar to “DECKadence” marine flooring, but much cheaper. My grand total for my project came in under $300. Thankfully, I had looked a boat with a similar floor, and the seller was nice enough to give me some tips on how to do it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Can’t even tell where all the White Claws and Axe Body spray spilled on there!

Funny guy, there! While there has been a fair amount of WCs in there, there has been no Axe Body spray in it (at least since I have owned it) unless my 17 YO nephew is guilty. rotflol

Actually, this stuff pulls right out, and you can clean it right up with a pressure washer! It’s so much better than carpet.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I used Hydro Turf on several Jon boats with #M adhesive spray. Worked great for me.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I found a more industrial looking place online that is going to send me a variety of closed cell samples. Fingers crossed.

dbright
    Cambridge

I installed blacktip in my boat 4 years ago. It has held up great and shows very little if any wear. At the time it was the cheapest and was easy to install with the 3m backing.
    https://www.shopsbt.com/jet-skis/blacktip-sheet-goods.html

It is easy on the feet too. It is not uncommon for me to spend 12+ hrs barefoot on my deck musky fishing in the summer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.