Fishing near Watertown, SD

• bradb
    Ames, IA

I may be heading up to Watertown with some buddies and while they hunt I want to fish. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where to go around there. I have a boat and am willing to travel a bit if needed. Would also like to target walleyes or perch. Thanks.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Brad, if you end up going give me a call. We have fished that area every year for the last 5. This year the best walleye fishing we had was Lynn Lake, you will have to travel a bit from Watertown, but the Waubay area will be worth it.

bradb
    Ames, IA

Will do Nick. I will give you a call next week and let you know how the Miss. was too. Thanks.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I can make a couple calls to some locals to see if there is a bite going anywhere close to Wtn. You can always fish Kampeska or Pelican right in town. I would opt for Pelican simply cuz there a lot of big fish caught in that little lake this time of year.

Obviously north has lots of options, but don’t over look south either. Lake Thompson, Hwy 81 ponds(need a little boat to fish these) or Poinsett. All good options.

There are also a good chance the bite out in Florence on dry lake or grass is going. It was on fire this spring.

Let us know how you do.

bradb
    Ames, IA

Ok so I am for sure going now. I will be up there the end of Oct. Can anybody help with where to go, what to do, and what the conditions will be like. I will be planning on COLD and RAINY but I would like to know what to use and a rough idea on where to fish. I am a river fisherman so fishing a new lake in the cold water is kind of new to me. I also will be fishing alone the whole time if anyone wants to hop aboard let me know. I have a new 18″ lund so there will be plenty of room. ANYONE!! Nick, I will be calling you about mowers and fishing this week too!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.