Fall Fishing update from Dakota

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Quick update from Sodak. I have been spending more time in a layout blind than on the lake. The honkers and now just this weekend the ducks have been cooperating well making it hard to get on the water. Perch bite conintues to hold steady, nothing fast and furious but putting nice pails of perch in the boat midday fishing deep basin edges and points. Eye bite is picking up with #12 husky jerks casted to timber and rip rap in the prime hours along with jig and fathead turning alot of fish in the evening. Shore fishing is starting to get good so if you dont have a boat don’t worry plenty of shore fishing spots around. VMC mooneye jigs in green as well as silver in 1/8oz tipped with a fathead is hard to beat pitching from shore come sundown. Will post a more detailed report soon with some pictures. Keep Catchin – QB

tmorris2173
    Iowa

We made a first time trip to Webster this past week. Plan to return hopefully to do some ice fishing and again in the spring to explore more of the lakes. We were only able to fish a day and a half due to poor weather. We had an awesome bite for hand sized bluegills on Enemy Swim, tried one morning on Minnewashta but it appeared that lake just turned over and all we caught was one pike. Love the area and look forward to returning. Look forward to your updates Quentin.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Fall is the greatest time of the year by far.

Sounds like your taking full advantage of it.

Look forward to reading a full report along with seeing some pictures.

adalinde
    Central Minnesota

Hey Q,

In my opinion, we are in the best month of the year for an outdoorsman. Hunting and fishing at its best. Wish I could make it out there this fall, but vacation is limited for me. Keep slammin and living the bachelor dream!

Adam

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Yep, cant beat the month of October love me some Indian Summer afternoons sitting on 5 gallon pail on a rip rap shoreline pitching for eyes. Even better when you can shoot some mallards in a field in the AM. Hunting usually takes priority for me, but this year I am finding, or making time to squeeeze in some more angling. Nothing like fat fall walleyes – QB

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

QB, got the B&B all ready to go for next weekend? Hopefully you can get out one of the mornings with us before you head in for work….Should be a good time….Cya next Friday…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.