Christmas update from South Dakota.

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

With christmas holiday coming and going I did not have time to sit down and get to a computer. We have continued to find perch in deep water with eye bites being hard to come by. Finding areas of low pressure seems to be key to a good walleye bite, one night can be good but with to much foot and auger traffic the next night the bigger fish seem to be no shows. 1/16oz slender spoons in silver and green along with tungsten jigs seem to take the perch, with 1/8oz slender spoons in silver and glow continue to entice walleyes. I have tried a few sloughs with no luck as bigger lakes continue to produce. I will be out over the weekend after working 2nite. Have a safe holiday season and tight lines. -Q

chomps
    Sioux City IA

anybody driving trucks around on the ice yet?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was told Yes. Some buddies were in the Waubay area over the weekend. They couldn’t believe the idiots out in full size vehicles already. 9-10 inches of ice. I guess the bite was very good for them.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I was finding anywhere from 6-12 inches of ice up till a few days ago. I know we have been having some single digit even below digit nights so I am sure that is helping. I personally will continue to use my 4wheeler. -Q

onestout
    Hudson, WI

nice, with work going the way it is getting away is not looking too good, and I really wanted to give it a try out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.