Maxxxed Out West

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

A few days back me and some buddies went out for an evening run on a lake with hopes of putting some heavy fish in the net. We planned to target shallow emerging stands of weeds on shallow flats. I had been hearing so much about this max rap that I had to give it a try myself. We started running two max raps and some other swimbaits for a bit of a mix to see what would work better. As darkness fell the fish started doing there part and hitting the baits. The max rap was on fire. The white with red head brought the most fish to the boat with a heavy 25 being claimed as its first victim. Using braided line when you feel it run into a weed a sharp jerk of the line usually frees it of the weeds. Later on in the night as the action slowed we were ready to call it when nick called for the net. This 28 was the biggest fish of the night. She inhaled a emerald green max rap close to the boat and made for an interesting landing experience. All in all it was a good night with about 15 fish boated and some good laughs. Hope you all are getting a chance to get out on the water. -Quintin

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

That’s my kind of fishing! Nothing like big eyes slammin cranks

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s a dandy of a fish! I can’t wait to try these this fall on Mille Lacs.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

I am heading to the pickeral lake area next week. How has the bite been in that area? We will be doing a little multi-species effort, just to keep busy. We had great luck on the ice there in early December.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Ed send me a PM on what you want to catch and any specific lakes and ill get you some information.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.