Screen shots with 7612 and down Panoptix

• Jeff Iverson

All right after a few month of playing with the Panotix on Mille Lacs chasing walleyes I’ve learned a few things.

1st. I should have picked this up sooner!

2nd. when you’re pulling spinners you can gauge the activity of the fish better than with traditional sonar. Like traditional sonar up of the bottom is good. But seeing the fish darting around is better and I’ve had days when I could literally call the bites…. we just had to wait for the spinners to get to them.

3rd. I’m not much of a Lindy guy, but when playing with it a bit, I was surprised how fascinated the walleyes actually are with the sinker…. they will follow it around… up down. Like I said I was just playing with it. I’m going to mess with some jigs/jigging raps/etc to see if they just won’t bite, I did catch some on the linty but can’t say I saw the bite like it thought I might.

Lastly, I’ve been taking a lot of friends out recently and need some more time with just me in the boat to play with it a bit more.

Jeff Iverson

In the first shot the sinker is sitting right on top of a couple fish… they were reacting to it’s every move.

The second shots shows active fish. I should have video of this – the fish are darting around and your odd’s of getting a bite are pretty good.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1774.jpg

2. IMG_1775.jpg

Jeff Iverson

First Shot,
    Second shot is of fish darting around and very active. Video would show this better

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1774-1.jpg

Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

Jeff,

Happy to see you are enjoying your electronics!! I missed your call the other day but was in a spot I know you know very well!

Those screen shots are great! Panoptix especially LiveVu Down is something I think will change sonar forever as we know it! Now I can look at my screen and say there is a walleye 10 feet passenger side and 3 feet off bottom and put my bait right in its face vs. just looking at an arch on a screen and assuming the fish is somewhere under the boat but no idea how he reacted to the bait, boat, structure anything.

That is what Bjorn and I did during the AIM and had 25#s in the boat in a hour..truly amazing.

Below is a screen shots from Leech Lake last summer:

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0109.png

Troy Feeken

What transducer are you running to pick this up? The marketing from Garmin makes it seem like all of the Panoptix functionality is for casting and front view, not trolling and a live view behind the boat.

Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

Troy,

I am a walleye guy and do a lot of jigging, rigging, trolling and under the boat stuff for the most part so I go with the Panoptix PS30 Transom mount Transducer for my Panoptix. IMO this is the best all around option for a guy that fishes like that especially when using a Ultera or Terrova up front.

Below is a picture from Warrior Boat Centers Demo Boat..I tried to put an arrow pointing at the transducer but the arrow is a little high. However if you look close you will see where they mount the transducer.

Attachments:
    1. warr.jpg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.