Scheel's Customer Service

• Ryan Scholl

I have to hand it to Scheel’s for standing behind their products. I had a six year old Scheel’s Paragon Hunter rifle scope. At the time I really wanted a Leupold, but thought i would give this a try. I was never totally sold on it. The last few years the scope cost me some deer since the scope would white out. I took it in last night. The sales rep said the scope had lost its seal.

They were eager to replace it or credit me for it. No questions asked. I walked out with a Leupold VX-2. Just had to buy new rings since the Paragon had a 30mm tube. I was impressed with the way they handle their warranty.

My scope might have been a melon. I shot plenty of deer over the years with it and it was always zeroed. I was just afraid to give another one a try.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nice review. Now just remember their service when you are thinking about placing a on-line order with another company. For the people / companies that provide good service I think it’s only fair that we provide them some loyalty in return. Glad they took care of you and hope they are around for many, many years to provide the same quality service to all of us.

For the past few years just about all my stuff comes from Scheels, Fleetfarm & Reeds. They have all treated me very well.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I so wish for a store in the metro area other than the clothing only store.

Made a trip to the St. Cloud store recently when visiting my kid at school. Ended up walking out with a new Benelli Montefeltro which was priced $100 less than Cabela’s. And the service is top notch.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I so wish for a store in the metro area other than the clothing only store.

As I waited for the back ground check, I talked to the manager about this. Basically, Scheel’s is picking up business in larger rural communities where the big box stores are not present. Minneapolis has been discussed but is a low priority.

Austin M
    Grand Forks, ND

They have the same service with fishing gear, I broke a $145 walleye series rod and walked into the store with it and they handed me a $165 rod to replace it as they didn’t carry the original rod model I purchased.

Jeff Schomaker

Scheels is my favorite store by far. I’ve only had good experiences with their customer service and their pricing is just as good if not better on everything.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I used to frequent the Fargo store when my daughter was going to NDSU. Nothing but good things to say about them!

I’d love to see one go up here in the cities.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I have to say I’m more impressed with Scheels every time I shop there. They truly want you to leave happy.

This past weekend I had two of my reels loose a piece of the handle. This was not anyone’s fault but my own but they took apart brand new reels to give me the parts I needed. I had another guide trip the next day and they wanted to make sure I had everything I needed!

Tough to beat that for customer service bow

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Scheels is awesome! My buddy stepped on my rod and broke the rod tip a couple weekends ago. Brought it in to St Cloud Scheels and explained what happened, guy in the fishing department said they didn’t have much inventory left due to change of seasons, so he could fix the tip and I could exchange in the spring or I could take one of what they had. He actually laughed when I said I was surprised it was covered due to “user error” breaking it, and said that’s how most tips get broken and they were happy to give me brand new one. They will be getting more of my business!

Stanley

I also am a huge Scheels fan (have the hats, shirts and coffee mugs to prove it grin ) I had one instance where I bought a vortex scope from cabelas and upon sighting it in it was defective so I brought it in to the St. Cloud Scheels since they also sell vortex and told them where I bought it and what happened and they said they would give me the full amount I paid towards any scope they had (not just vortex). they have went way above and beyond what most retailers do to earn business and make the customer happy. I now rarely shop anywhere else.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I actually work at scheels in Rochester

Which department? I’ll stop by and say Hi.

Kevin Quinn

I am extremely impressed and satisfied with scheels. I ordered 2 ice rod and they arrived broken. I spoke with the manager who made things right and overnighted 2 new rods! He genuinely cared and even wanted to see fish pics of the catch!!! Highly recommend scheels

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I bought a pair of HDS7 GEN2 Touch’s from them a couple years ago. I put them on my scheels credit card. One of them died this summer. I called the store and they told me to go through their credit card claim (warranty is extended if you purchase on their card.) Sent the unit in and they are cutting me a check for the exact amount I paid for it at the time of the original purchase! I can buy the unit for $100 less right now and have an extra structure scan ducer. If I would have went through the extended warranty from Lowrance, I would had to pay $375 for a reconditioned unit with a 6 month warranty. Now I have a new unit with full warranty (plus the extended because I put it on my card). I love that store. They seriously know me by first name.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.