Saylorville Lake 7/28/04

• zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

Made it up on the lake for a couple of hours on Wednesday evening. I put in at the west end of the Mile Long Bridge and ran up to the point on the south end of the public beach. The white bass were going nuts on the surface and I caught most of the fish on a pearl white shad body with a 3/8 oz leadhead. Moving the bait rather fast to keep it just under the surface was the ticket. Caught 15-20 whites with 2 wipers being a bonus. The picture is a wiper I caught a number of years ago and had mounted. In the early 90’s we used to catch quite a few in the 10-12 lb range.

goody
    Iowa (Des Moines area)

Nice profile pic and attached wiper pic….wish I could get on some wipers like that out there. HEard it has been better out there this year, but cant seem to keep my boat off Big Creek when I head that direction…..

Still need to hit it before the summer is over….

goody

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Thanks for the report Zamer. I would like to be out there everyday while the White Bass bite is hot, but alas, Ive got some responsiblities. Although I dont like the Ville on the weekends, it looks like I will be out there again this weekend looking for the WB to bust up. I am taking a 3 weight flyrod with me this time with some shad patterns.

See ya out there,
    Dave

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Hay Steve glad to see you are back. The whites are hitting good on the vile. I don’t get above the bridge much but have had very good luck in the lower part of the lake. Not much size to them yet. Average is around 12 inches with some in the 14. Just got back from Pepin again went to the IDA get together and had a great time. Fishing on Pepin was slow but did manage some eyes and saugers. Well now it’s back the the vile this week. Hope to see you out there. Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.