Saying Goodbye to my Best Friend

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I met him when I was 15 years old. We did a lot of Ham Radio activity over the years, building antennas and operating. We did a lot of fishing and hunting together. He was the best man at my wedding. We fixed cars and furnaces and roofs. And here we are 51 years later and cancer has taken him away. Tomorrow is his memorial service. I’ve been asked to do the eulogy. I’m not looking forward to tomorrow.

SR

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Good luck Steve. That will not be an easy task. Condolences

Iowaboy1

My condolences and prayers Mr. Root.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Geez Steve words are hard to come by in these times. I am so sorry for you and everyone involved. I have become friends with Sharon via the forum and know you from it too. I would like to say if there’s anything I can do other than wish you the best, let me know. The words you need to speak will come to you in time. Best of luck.

Sharon
    SE Metro

You got this Dadio. You guys had some great adventures together and great memories throughout your friendship. 🙏💕 Just remember to breathe and talk slowly. Hugs.

MX1825

That is a great and difficult job you have tomorrow Mr. Root. I’m sure you will do an excellent job for your late friend and his family. My condolences.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sorry for your loss Steve! I’m sure you were selected for a reason, and you will do a great job honoring your friend as he should be. Sharing the great, sad, fun, memorable and, most important for levity, the funny stories you shared over the years.

LabDaddy1

So sorry to hear, Steve. Do the best you can today for your buddy.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

A difficult day to be sure Steve. Best wishes.

Grouse

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Condolences to you and the family Steve.It’s going to be tough but sounds like you have alot of memories to share tomorrow.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

So sorry to hear of this.
    I will offer what I said in the same instance 3 years ago for my “Brother From Another Mother”:
    “I hope every one of you here to honor JB will have a friend as good as JB”

Gregg Gunter

Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family.

mrpike1973

Again sorry for your loss prayers to you and your friend

B-man

Dang Steve, that’s terrible news to hear. Wishing you the best in the future sir.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m sorry to here your loss Steve. I’ve lost both my best friends within the last couple years. One to natural causes and one to a atv accident on a Sunday ride. It’s never easy. And I give prayers to you and and his family.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Prayers for you and Steve’s family. I hope it went okay today my brother. I also hope it was an honor to speak about your best friend on his behalf and that were able to get through it. Nobody knew him better than you.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

It went OK, his Mrs. was happy with what I said and that’s all that really mattered. Thank you all for the support, it helped me get through.

SR

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sorry for your pain Steve.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Everyone wants to live a long life but those that do must watch many close friends and family pass. Its a difficult tradeoff. My Dad told me this many years ago and Ill never forget.

castle-rock-clown

Everyone wants to live a long life but those that do must watch many close friends and family pass. Its a difficult tradeoff. My Dad told me this many years ago and Ill never forget.

Time steals back the gifts that youth gave you.

Sorry for your loss, and Gods speed to your friend.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sorry Steve. Hopefully the service went ok. I’ve been to a couple more than I’d like to this year also.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.