Saw an AMX/ 3 car being transported

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Saw this car go by on a transport and it was awsome then I saw the insignia AMX but it didn’t look like the classic muscle car I’m familiar with. Turns out it was a concept car that only five were made. This might have been a kit car( copy car).

michael keehr

What color was it I believe there were actually 6 built. It had the 390 in it . I seen a yellow one in person at a car show in southern California in 2008. Was a cool looking car

iowa_josh

These guys made a Javelin look like the best muscle car ever but in the video they say they fabbed every body panel and changed the wheel base. Still looks incredible. https://youtu.be/0-7_l9q9F8A

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

My dad is an AMC nut! His pride and joy is his 68′ AMX w/390 4 speed that he restored after it sat in my great grandma’s garage for much of my childhood. BEAUTIFUL car, no doubt! He’s currently working on a 71′ Javelin for my Aunt, and tubbing out a 67′ Rambler American Coupe. He’s had some neat ones along the way as well!

Attachments:
    1. AMC-Wagon.jpg

2. 68-AMX-KenoshaWI.jpg

3. AMX-x2.jpg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

InE

Those are sweet. Would love to see in person

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

My dad is an AMC nut!

Dang, those are awesome beautiful cars right there.
    My dad loved AMC cars also. He liked the Pacer and had 3 of them through the years,one of them was a wagon. He also had a Hornet station wagon, man that car shot out like a rocket. On the other end of the spectrum from the AMX and the Javilan but fond memories.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I worked in the parts department of an AMC dealership as early-twenties something young person. The parts manager tucked a built 401 in a Gremlin. 4 speed and narrowed down 4:55 posi-rear-end. Tuned headers, 1150 cfm Holly double pump carb, cammed, needed Wheelie castors.

For years a Rochester native, Scot Pearson [?] built Javalins for the 1/4 mile strip. The man was an ace at it. Always white cars.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.