Save Mille Lacs

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Anyone know anything about this petition? First I have heard of it. I don’t like to sign things without knowing the full story.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

If you go to the site and click around you will see anyone can create a petition. Get a 100k signatures and you will get an official review/reply from the White House. (Click on the “How Petition Works” link.)

Some good ones out there to read over…. Bomb North Korea now, Arrest Kathy Griffin, make smoked ribs the official food of the USA, Revoke CNN’s Press Pass. Some others more serious.

I signed the petition. I think it could be worded better however….

-J.

Iowaboy1

I signed the first one that went around,any of you that did,did you get bombarded with government mailings or spam mail??
    I sure did,kind of hesitant signing another one if I have to put up with that stuff.

bradl110

I signed the first one that went around,any of you that did,did you get bombarded with government mailings or spam mail??
    I sure did,kind of hesitant signing another one if I have to put up with that stuff.

There is a box you can un-check if you do not want to receive those types of emails.

Iowaboy1

thanks bradl110,I did that,sometimes I think that opens up an invitation to bombard you.
    if not,I would hate to see how much more I would of gotten had I not clicked that box.

munchy
    NULL

thanks bradl110,I did that,sometimes I think that opens up an invitation to bombard you.
    if not,I would hate to see how much more I would of gotten had I not clicked that box.

Another reason to have a “Spam” email address that you give when signing up to websites such as that. I rarely get spam on my personal email.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I won’t put my name on that.

MY thoughts exactly. It would be nice if it wasn’t written as an “US” vs “THEM” whine fest.

This is exactly correct.

Plus the unsubstantiated claims of “them” blocking “our” right to fish. Even if it’s true it can’t be proven. The claim can’t be trusted and for that I’m out.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3958.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

“With Mille Lacs tourism still hurting, Legislature helps one — and only one – resort”

http://m.startribune.com/with-mille-lacs-tourism-still-hurting-legislature-helps-one-and-only-one-resort/428767243/

This is deceiving and far from the entire story.
    A year or so ago the state appropriated a 3 million dollar relief package to affected Mille Lacs area businesses negatively impacted by the walleye fishing closure. The aid included grants up to $5,000 and/or interest free loans up to $100,000 over 5 years.
    Many of the area resorts and businesses have accepted these and in some cases both with opportunity to apply for additional if all other qualifying applicants were met. I believe they have and most the funds are now spoken for with the deadline being June 30th.

Paul Waldowski

This is deceiving and far from the entire story.
    A year or so ago the state appropriated a 3 million dollar relief package to affected Mille Lacs area businesses negatively impacted by the walleye fishing closure. The aid included grants up to $5,000 and/or interest free loans up to $100,000 over 5 years.
    Many of the area resorts and businesses have accepted these and in some cases both with opportunity to apply for additional if all other qualifying applicants were met. I believe they have and most the funds are now spoken for with the deadline being June 30th.

Walleyestudent – You did not do your homework. That article was not related to the relief package. Hunter Winfield’s will indeed receive 150,000. Not as a loan or grant, rather a one time payment for damages incurred by the Mn DNR’s negligent mismanagement of the lake.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Walleyestudent – You did not do your homework. That article was not related to the relief package. Hunter Winfield’s will indeed receive 150,000. Not as a loan or grant, rather a one time payment for damages incurred by the Mn DNR’s negligent mismanagement of the lake.

Well, yes I have done a little homework. I know very well that the relief deal given to Hunter Winfields discussed in the above mentioned article is entirely different than the 3 million dollar economic aid offered over the past year. However most of the general public particularly Strib readers most likely don’t know or are unaware of the earlier relief deal offered and accepted by many Mille Lacs area businesses. So the headline by itself in this recent article suggests that there was only one business that received any kind of state assistance.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Ya but they filled out a form and gave them a believable sob story.

Not trying to bash Hunter Winfields, simply mocking the system.

Our company was seriously hurt because of the falling oil prices. Where’s the form for that?

MnPat1

They should give money to every resort that has a toilet newer than 1970 and a working door handle with a lock. Appledoorns has a nice well kept resort. Most of the rest are just old crap.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.