Lightning Strikes

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Crawford County Independent printed my story “Lightning Strikes.” Crawford County Independent and Kickapoo Scout is a 102-year-old newspaper serving Gays Mills, Soldiers Grove and the surrounding southwestern Wisconsin area where this fish was hooked.

A Bolt of Lightning

Ragerunner

Great story! I just hope the hole keeps quiet and one of you will land the hog. Best of luck.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

I grew up on the Kickapoo literally. Our house was less than 200′ from the river. I fished it as often as possible. Lots of suckers, Fiddler Cats, Horned Daisy’s and when I was 14 a 24″ German Brown. Dad Says it was the only time he saw me excited. The Kickapoo is considerably larger and dirtier than the creek this was taken from, so i can only imagine the excitement.
    I used to fish Elk Creek some, don’t know if that is still a trout creek or not? Thanks for the post, its fun to see the home country. I did see it last week in the Shout>

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Thanks guys! This is my first outdoor publication so I’m pumped.

Wally what town did you grow up in? Len is from Richland Center and may better answer your question on Elk Creek.

We stayed in Viroqua Aug 08 and 09. So many streams, so little time. The unfortunate deal is that trout stamp sales are at an all time low and the fishing is the best it has ever been. World class. Honestly, I don’t know why people burn so much gas driving out west to chase trout.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

I grew up between Readstown and Viola, Elk Creek used to drain into the Kickapoo just about a mile upstream from us. There used to be a little cheese factory on the creek we delivered our milk to. He would drain the whey in there periodically. Despite todays thought on that the fishin was great.

JonnyMayz
    Hastings,MN

Very, very cool. What an honor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.