Sub-troll help?? Missing pieces??

• whittsend

I have a used sub troll unit that I am trying to fix up and/or figure out what parts I need to get it working. Anyone familiar with these units?? I’m not sure if its in working order, and I’m not sure if I want to spend much extra $$ to find out….???

I know there are three basic parts… The antenna unit that is direct connected to the coated downrigger cable, the probe, and the display unit.

http://www.moorelectronics.com/fishing/fishing.html

I have a tackle box filled with some components, but I’m thinking I’m missing a few things and I’m not really sure how to hook it up in the first place… Some of this stuff may or may not be used for hooking up the sub-troll connections (some may have been used for other purposes in the previous owner’s boat)? :

Here is what I have in the box:
    – Speed display dial
    – Probe
    – ~ 20 foot cable with RCA connections on each end
    – ~ 6 foot cable with RCA connections on each end
    – AM FM-VHF marine band separator (antenna input, am/fm out, and vhf out)

I figure that the band separator and cables went with the radio or other gear on the old boat, but the am/fm output jack on the band separator seems to fit in one of the jacks on the back of the sub-troll display unit, so I wasn’t totally sure… I have some extra transformers/power adapters sitting around my house, and I found one that fits into the back of the display unit, so maybe that could be used for wiring the power to the display unit?

Anyway, I would (at the least) need to buy the antenna unit and the coated downrigger cable to see if it even functions properly (Unless I can figure out some other way to hard wire the probe signal from the downrigger cable directly to the sub troll display unit)

Any ideas??

Much appreciated,

Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.